The Legend of Drizzt

Hi all, there are 13 legend of drizzt books. will there be a 14th or is is the series over at 13?

I wish I had an answer, velocci, but all I know is Drizzt (and Salvatore) will return in comic form next year. On the rear cover of Dungeons & Dragons #0 is a teaser for a Drizzt comic (I assume, doubt it's a novel) and it'll be published by IDW.

Salvatore's contract with WotC was up last year, so there was some speculation as to whether or not he would renew it or move on to better things (as I so dearly hoped). He renewed the contract though and I believe he is signed for an additional six books, though it may well be three.

It is safe to assume that they will either all be Drizzt novels or the majority of them will.

i finished book 11 and want to take some time off from this series and get into other series. after which book do you recommend i do this?

It really doesn't matter. The books don't exactly depend on one another all too strongly.
    Last edited by Winter; August 30th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Yes he signed for six more books (one a year). I believe the six start next year so this years October release of 'Gauntlgrym' does not count toward the six.

I'm just starting 'Ghost King'. I'm considering rereading some of the first books. He seems to be referncing them more and more and I haven't read them since they were released way back when.

It's that many books already? I remember reading The Crystal Shard when it was still fairly new. Making me feel old. Is he still chasing Artemis too?

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, Artemis hasn't appeared in a Salvatore book in a while. (Although I have not read Pirate King or Ghost King yet.) His Sellswords Trilogy, which featured Artemis, was great, and that was the last time I saw him. I was wondering myself when we'd see him again.

i'm still on book 12 people. please, no spoilers.