Registered User ArthurFrellDent's Avatar

Wolf 359 Podcast

Is anybody else listening to this scifi podcast? I just finished up all the episodes that have been released so far and now and I really want someone to discuss this show with, haha.

It's basically a continuing radio drama series (kind of like Night Vale). It's about four people (well, three people and an AI-robot-thing) that are stuck on a space station in deep space, and the weird adventures they have while they're there. It's a lot of... kind of wacky spacefaring with a bit of loving satire of the genre. It reminds me of a lot of the swashbuckling scifi that we've seen in recent years. So a lot of similar vibes to stuff like Farscape, Guardians of the Galaxy, kind of the more jokey episodes of Firefly or Cowboy Bebop... A lot of people on the iTunes reviews bring up Red Dwarf as another point of comparison, although I haven't seen that yet (I know, I know, minus geek cred points).

All of the episodes are available for free on iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...909552816?mt=2 Mostly I just want to see if anyone else has been keeping up with it because I just binge listened to their back catalogue and now I want someone to discuss what's been happening with, lol.

I'm sold, I'll check it out, thanks. I listened to a few episodes on Nightvale, but each episode was stand-alone, so I kind of lost interest after awhile.