The human psyche in SF

Hi,

I recently watched the movie The Cell (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209958/). While it was mostly rotten, I liked the central premise of exploring a character's mental landscape (mindscape).

So I'm looking for similar (although better ) SF (books, films, comics) where the setting is also the human mind or psyche.

Please offer your suggestions.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    A lot of psychological thrillers, such as the movie Pi, explore the mental landscape.

This is favorite area for me. I see the psyche being explored in a few places, though not necessarily overtly. Mythology [including religious stories] and dreams appear to share the same unconscious source as the human psyche. It's fascinating territory, and has some very deep wells to look in. On the NF side, I recommend Carl Jung, James Hillman, Erich Neumann, and Joseph Campbell. My personal favorites are Campbell and Hillman.

Have you ever watched the original 17 episode series of The Prisoner? Surreal.

I'll also suggest my own story, f l y i n g s a u c e r h a t
    Please forgive the promotion, but it's quite appropriate to this topic.

www.flyingsaucerhat.com
    Amazon : http://tinyurl.com/flyingsaucerhat

Blog Entries
    Did you mean the prisoner on Netflix about the guy who is stuck on that island with the orb that floats around and watches over the inhabitants???

Quote Originally Posted by Prescottfry View Post
    Did you mean the prisoner on Netflix about the guy who is stuck on that island with the orb that floats around and watches over the inhabitants???
    Don't know if it's on Netflix, but I mean the original BBC series from the 60s done by Patrick McGoohan.
    PBS used to have a psychologist do an afterword for it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know what you're talking about. That stuff was weird. And that's something, coming from me.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a blog or something where I can read something you've written before. I don't like to dive into buying into I test the waters, if you catch my drift. Also, I read a post on your fb about particle physics, it was the post with that Japanese author. Anhow, I recently wrote an article on my blog, http://prescottfry.com/2014/10/equil...fate-universe/ . Check it out, perhaps our material is along the same lines?? You tell me.

Takako Minekawa is a musician, actually. She's a composer/keyboard player/singer. Has a unique minimalist style.

I'll check out your blog.

If you go to www.flyingsaucerhat.com and click to the 'preview' page, you can read the first bit of the story.

I enjoyed your article on equilibrium. Appropriate, with potential implications.