Was Word and Void always intended to link to Shannara?

Or was it just an afterthought idea? Are there any clues in the Word and Void trilogy that hint to what is coming? I'm not there yet. I'm reading the later stuff before the prequels, but I think it sounds like a really cool idea.

Could be wrong, but at the time it was originally published it wasn't meant to be linked with Brooks' signature series.

A few years later, I seem to recall that Brooks discussed the possibility with his editor, et voilą. . .

Patrick

I was under the impression that Shannara was always meant to be our world far into the future. Isn't it hinted at all the way through the books ? I cant remember as it has been ages since I read the Void books, but I'm sure that there are massive clues toward what comes in the Genesis novels.
    Last edited by Rulkez; November 1st, 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rulkez View Post
    I was under the impression that Shannara was always meant to be our world far into the future. Isn't it hinted at all the way through the books ? I cant remember as it has been ages since I read the Void books, but I'm sure that there are massive clues toward what comes in the Genesis novels.
    I was under the same impression when I first read Sword many years ago. It was the scene where they were at the ruins of what seemed to be modern-day skyscrapers and also references to the origins of the dwarves and trolls--how they were once human who went underground after the Great Wars. I always assumed it was to escape the radiation from a nuclear war.
    Last edited by Johnny B; November 1st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.