Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    I just got:
    Eastern Standard Tribe, Cory Doctorow
    Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, Cory Doctorow
    The Shape-Changer's Wife, Sharon Shinn

I look forward to all of them, except maybe I wish I hadn't gotten Down and Out, I read more about it after I ordered.

edit: fixed oversight, Sharon Shinn is author
    Last edited by brightcrow; August 31st, 2004 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brightcrow
    I just got:
    Eastern Standard Tribe, Cory Doctorow
    Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, Cory Doctorow
    The Shape-Changer's Wife, Cory Doctorow

I look forward to all of them, except maybe I wish I hadn't gotten Down and Out, I read more about it after I ordered.
    I have read his short story collection A Place So Foreign and Eight More it was ok, but nothing memorable. I will pick up Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom when it shows up in TP in my local store. I am going to wait and read it before buying any more of his stuff.

And don't you mean Shape Changer's Wife by Sharon Shinn ? Couldn't find that title listed for Doctorow

Cool bookcase pictures by the way, but you are stacking them wrong. If you put them in sideways you can probably get a back HC/TP layer and a front PB layer on the same shelf. you'll have to read your way in to find the second layer - sort of like hidden chocolate in a candy bar or cookie

Cool bookcase pictures by the way, but you are stacking them wrong. If you put them in sideways you can probably get a back HC/TP layer and a front PB layer on the same shelf. you'll have to read your way in to find the second layer - sort of like hidden chocolate in a candy bar or cookie
    I like to see all my preciousssssssssesssss all at once. That's why the shelves are nice and tidy (not counting the kids' books)... I like to play with my books. I actually have two shelves of TBRS (to be read sooner) shelves, and am continually rotating things in and out of that, changing my mind, finding room for new books, etc. It's a sickness really.

Thanks for the feedback I have finished Centaurs Isle and found it very immature ,started the Mythos omnibus it is a bit dated but seems ok so far

Registered as What?
    Quote Originally Posted by magze
    Thanks for the feedback I have finished Centaurs Isle and found it very immature ,started the Mythos omnibus it is a bit dated but seems ok so far
    Anthony's only really good Xanth novels are A Spell For Chamelon and The Source of Magic , everything else comes off as a retread of those stories. Some of the Xanth books were light weight, yet fun reads and some were just tired and boring. But when I was reading them, they came to be 'comfort' reading and I just kept on reading them, until the terrible Golem In Gears . I think that Anthony are for those just starting out reading fantasy though he has tried to do more adult books.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On a tidy up..... As this thread is now 36 pages long, and over two years old I'm going to trim it and start a new one (which is HERE by the way.

So thread closed.

Please carry on in the new one!

Hobbit
    Mark