Post Stieg Larsson Trilogy

hey frn
    I am newbie looking for fiction writers as i am crazy about them specially Stieg Larsson!!!

Dean Koontz. He's my favourite

Thumbs up authoraddict

Quote Originally Posted by IkariX View Post
    Dean Koontz. He's my favourite
    i have also read some of its writings!!

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    try Peter Hoeg's Smilla's Sense of Snow for some of that northern atmosphere with brooding heroes, careful characterization, criminal investigation in the snow.

I read The Girl wit a Dragon Tatoo. It was pretty good. (I doubt though that I will read the rest soon)
    Anyway when I got the book I thought I had seen my mother-in-law reading it so I asked her about it. Turns out she had heard of it but not read it so I offered to give it to her when I was done. After reading it though, I had to renege. A few scenes make it inappropriate to give the book to your mother-in-law. She can go get it herself.

I was totally gripped halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but then it started getting preachy and a little disturbing, so I don't think I'm going to read the two others.

Disturbing in an interesting rather than gratuitous way, I think. Part of what makes it such a good thriller.

The first book is the best of a very good trilogy.

The first part of Dragon Tattoo was a bit slow, but once Lisbeth and Mikael teamed up, the book picked up real quick. On the sex, it was a bit much. After a while, it's like 'come on, there's a mystery to solve'! Still, a great book more for its plot than on the writing.