Seeking somewhat obscure 90s fantasy novel

I tended to read my brother's cast-offs growing up in the 90s, but he doesn't remember this one and I'm dying to find out what it is. Unfortunately my own recollection is a bit sketchy. It's worth a try though!

Basic set-up: a woman from the reader's time ends up in a fantasy setting. She has the ability to use the setting's magic, which involves weaving somehow. A native woman, also a mage, is jealous of how quickly the transplant picks up magic (although as I recall they are peers, not enemies). At one point, the transplant is stabbed in the shoulder by a spearman. She is able to heal herself well enough to stop the bleeding.

I know it's not much, but I've exhausted Google and my librarian's database recommendations. Help!

-Becca

Could it be J.V. Jones' The Barbed Coil? It's been a while since I read it but the main character is from our world and the magic involves patterns so possibly weaving.

It reminds me a bit of the Isavalta Trilogy (book 1 is A Sorcerer's Treason) of Sarah Zettel.

The heroine (who lived near the sea, in a lighthouse, I think) ends up in a fantasy world and uses a sort of weave magic.

I know it's been a while, but did the protagonist wind up in that world with a sister and nephew (and maybe a car)? I'm having trouble remembering a series that sounds similar. I remember she had a thing for turkish-style coffee... I'm wondering if we're in search of the same novel/series. If these details sound familiar, maybe it'll help illicit a response! I remember reading the series at my local public library years ago... I've gone back recently in hopes I might find it again, but it's long gone!

I thought A Barbed Coil but she draws the patterns on parchment rather than weaving...

could be Ru Emerson's Night Threads series.
    rlp

Smile Thanks rlp!

Quote Originally Posted by rlp View Post
    could be Ru Emerson's Night Threads series.
    rlp
    I was disappointed at first, as I didn't recognize the covers I found, but now I've had a chance to really look around, and your post was the answer all this time, thanks, so much! Ru Emerson's Night Threads series is the series I was looking for! Now I have a chance to reread it!