Thread: Movie

Movie

Posting from California.

I recently stumbled upon "Gridlinked" and I'm hooked. I've finished the Cormac series, "Prador Moon," and almost finished "Shadow..."

"Gridlinked" has movie written all over it. Shocking characters, comic relief, and a raw newness (if that is a word). Any new movie developments?

Neal has to write faster. I am going to run out of novels soon.

Nothing new on the movie front. Generally, for an SF book to be turned into a film, certain criteria have to be fulfilled. The first of these is that the writer must be dead and buried.

However, since I'm still alive, I'll try to write faster!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nealasher View Post
    Nothing new on the movie front. Generally, for an SF book to be turned into a film, certain criteria have to be fulfilled. The first of these is that the writer must be dead and buried.

You may need to attend the Michael Crichton School for Wayward Movie Script Writers, or MCSWMSW. If you can force yourself to write books as movie scripts it helps out the folks in Hollywood immensely. Otherwise it ends up like I, Robot where they simply use the book title and throw away the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by nealasher View Post

I vote for more Ian Cormac books.

Now reading "The Skinner."

Sparrow, I'll just keep on as I am producing SF books. Sure, if someone wants to throw wads of money at me to turn them into a film script then I won't object. However, my love of written SF came and still comes way before anything produced by Hollywood.

Akkidoc, unfortunately you're out of luck for the next three years. I'm writing an entirely new series that has nothing to do with Cormac or the Polity, well, except they're similarly as violent and, I hope, entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    You may need to attend the Michael Crichton School for Wayward Movie Script Writers, or MCSWMSW. If you can force yourself to write books as movie scripts it helps out the folks in Hollywood immensely. Otherwise it ends up like I, Robot where they simply use the book title and throw away the entire story.

lol

just found this, it's so true.

The Helicopter flys toward the island.

Just so long as they pay me for the title...