Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
Anyone who hasn't heard Tool should watch this now!
That is a good song, got it on my Triple J (Oz Radio station) Hottest 100 Cd from that year.

Yeah, mentioned earlier in this thread to 3rd how my mates and I were so full on into "Undertow" and the "Opiate EP" (when they came out), but I sort of moved onto other bands later. This thread reignited my interest and I'm really liking "10,000 Days", so will have to check out the other albums since too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
In the mid 90's, when I started discovering good rock music, I usually had a new favourite band each year. In 1994 it was Nirvana (saw them live!), in 1995 it was Soundgarden, in 1996 it was Metallica. But then, in 1997, I discovered Tool... and 15 years later they're still my favourite. They've stood the test of time.

Speaking of live music, I've seen a lot of amazing shows. I saw Michael Jackson when I was 4 years old, and Nirvana was my first rock concert (when I was 14). I've seen Soundgarden 3 times, Metallica 5 times, Tool 8 times, Jane's Addiction 3 times, and many, many more!
Ha ha, sounds like me EA, exactly the same bands in the 90's. Saw Nirvana but Kurt had bad stomach issues so it wasn't the best.

Don't get to see as many bands in Oz, but have seen Porcupine Tree twice, Metallica, Ramones (sore ears for a day or 2), Slayer, Monster Magnet, Radiohead, heaps of local bands and been to numerous Big Day Outs. I used to like getting in the front and moving about a bit, but these days I prefer to stand towards the back.

PS Soundgarden's "Badmotorfinger" is also brilliant. Rusty Cage and Outshined =