Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Way Too Human
    E Pluribus Funk by Grand Funk Railroad.

It's hard to believe that album is 40 years old.

Storytime....

Back around 1998 I finally tracked down a CD version of the album and was listening to it when my daughter (5 or 6 at the time) came into the room and started dancing. She asked me, "Is that rock and roll daddy?"

I said "Yes it is!". And we danced together for nearly the entire album. It's still one of those special moments I will never forget.

I'm listening to the soundtrack from the game Sanctum. It's pretty darned awesome, and reminds me a little of Solar Fields' work for Mirror's Edge.

Dragging this into 2012.

So, lately, I've bought Illusions by Thomas Bergersen, one member of epic orchestral group Two Steps From Hell, and also Epicon by Globus.

Illusions is just absolutely stunning. Some really varied tracks on there, and so far my favourite has to be Starvation, although I'll really recommend Ocean Princess, Sonera and Merchant Prince.

Epicon, however, has me torn. The tracks seem to largely be based on a few different ideas and often it feels like I've heard it all before. It's like a cross between E.S. Posthumus' Makara and Unearthed, and Immediate Music's Trailerhead/Trailerhead: Saga - so much so that there are sections that are *in* songs by other artists. It's hard to explain what I mean. That said, a couple of songs seem fairly unique in their own ways. A few songs are in Latin, but some are in English, including the bizarrely-titled Orchard of Mines.

Latest music playing:

OSI - Fire Make Thunder
    Anathema - Weather Systems
    Killing Joke - MMXII

and looking forward to Storm Corrosion, the collaboration between Wilson and Akerfeldt due for release early next month. Here's the first release song (cool film clip too):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/new...ropes-20120424

I'm listening to Love Made Me by Vixen.

Hypnotized - Fleetwood Mac

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Life Within A Day: from the wonderfully titled 'Squackett': that's Chris Squire (Yes) and Steve Hackett (ex-Genesis).

Great stuff.

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Westsiyeed View Post
    Latest music playing:

OSI - Fire Make Thunder
    Anathema - Weather Systems
    Killing Joke - MMXII

and looking forward to Storm Corrosion, the collaboration between Wilson and Akerfeldt due for release early next month. Here's the first release song (cool film clip too):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/new...ropes-20120424
    I just picked up the Storm Corrosion album. Will have to give it a listen later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysippus View Post
    I just picked up the Storm Corrosion album. Will have to give it a listen later.
    To be honest I can't get into this album, there's just not enough happening to keep me interested.

Something I have watched/listened to which was excellent is The Raconteurs: Live at Montreux 2008. It not only made me remember what good songs they wrote, but also what a great concert DVD should be like - filmed in HD with professional editing, DTS surround sound and very proficient musicians who play well together.

Shame I wasn't there!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffalump View Post
    I've just reacquainted myself with the excellent album A Grand Don't Come for Free by The Streets
    I love that album. I first heard Dry Your Eyes, and bought the album, and loved the whole thing. It's such a treat to have a CD that is also a story.

I've got everything from classical to country to rap on my music player, but right now I'm mostly listening to indie folk music like Cry Monster Cry- The Fallen and Matthew and the Atlas- Within the Rose

There has never been a better time to find music directly from the artist. I can be a fan of a British folk artist, and follow all their new music from across the ocean.

Listening to Sick Puppies - Riptide.

Been listening to the latest (double) album from Baroness, "Yellow & Green". So far it's my favourite album of 2012...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBBfk1xd9U

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    I didn't know there was a new Baroness album...this is a must buy. Thanks for the heads up!

Bloc Party's latest album "Four" is very good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkeUFRK4i7w