Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    A Perfect Circle is touring this summer. Hells yeah. And they have a new website up. Also word is they will be playing some new music although no album is expected anytime soon.

https://aperfectcircle.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Just watched "Blood Into Wine", a documentary about Maynard James Keenan (lead singer of Tool) and his venture into wine making. It was a lot cooler than I expected, and I was surprised I hadn't really heard about it yet. Very informative and interesting (re: wine making), and also some a cool insight into the private life of Maynard. Highly recommended if you have any interest in wine, or in Tool!

Have you seen it, 3rdI?
    I haven't seen it yet but I have read some articles about it. Wine making is fascinating and what he is doing in Arizona is very cool. Nardo still gets on my nerves at times though he just a bit too standoffish at times with his fans. I get and agree with the anti hero worship stuff. Hero worship is for 10 year old girls in line for Justin Bieber tickets. But Nardo sometimes forgets that if it wasn't for all of us fans, who have purchased multiple copies of every CD and Video they have produced..not to mention concert tickets and all the merchandise (t-shirts, artwork, etc)..he wouldn't have the money to be able to run his own vineyard. He is the only member that comes off with this holier than thou attitude. Talented musician no doubt but a little too high on himself.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but I have read some articles about it. Wine making is fascinating and what he is doing in Arizona is very cool. Nardo still gets on my nerves at times though he just a bit too standoffish at times with his fans. I get and agree with the anti hero worship stuff. Hero worship is for 10 year old girls in line for Justin Bieber tickets. But Nardo sometimes forgets that if it wasn't for all of us fans, who have purchased multiple copies of every CD and Video they have produced..not to mention concert tickets and all the merchandise (t-shirts, artwork, etc)..he wouldn't have the money to be able to run his own vineyard. He is the only member that comes off with this holier than thou attitude. Talented musician no doubt but a little too high on himself.
    Yeah, Maynard definitely has some issues with fame/fans and likes to keep to himself. That's part of why I liked this film. He's a lot more open than usual, and you get an insight into why he does what he does. You get to see a more honest side of him. I would have liked to hear more about Tool and his other bands (those segments were fairly short) but it was still really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Yeah, Maynard definitely has some issues with fame/fans and likes to keep to himself. That's part of why I liked this film. He's a lot more open than usual, and you get an insight into why he does what he does. You get to see a more honest side of him. I would have liked to hear more about Tool and his other bands (those segments were fairly short) but it was still really well done.
    I will buy the DVD at some point. I have watched some interviews about the wine endeavor and he seems to be doing very well at it.

Have you listened to any of the Puscifer stuff? The last E.P. was significantly better than V is for .... Potions is co-produced with Trent Reznor. Quality song. The Humbling River is also fantastic.

Really though as much I am excited about APC touring and while I enjoy the Puscifer project at the end of the day it is all about Tool. Adam, Justin and Danny are working on the new album and seem to be fairly well along in the process. Not quite at the song writing phase yet but from the last newsletter it seems like they are not too far off. I still have my doubts about it being released by the end of this year. Early 2012 seems more realistic.

My current playlist:

Have you listened to any of the Puscifer stuff? The last E.P. was significantly better than V is for .... Potions is co-produced with Trent Reznor. Quality song. The Humbling River is also fantastic.
    Never been a huge Puscifer fan (I thought V is for... was okay, but kind of boring. Only listened to the whole thing a few times). I didn't know there was any more recent stuff, I'll definitely check it out.

I liked the first two APC albums (especially Thirteenth Step), but Emotive was weaker (maybe because Maynard sang on less tracks, and Billy sang more).

Yup, bring on more Tool! Listened to 10,000 Days yesterday, while walking along the sea wall in the sunshine. It was awesome.

I've been listening to "C is for..." and am really liking it. As well as The Humbling River (link you posted earlier), I also really like "Polar Bear" and "The Mission". Something a bit different...quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsiyeed View Post
    I've been listening to "C is for..." and am really liking it. As well as The Humbling River (link you posted earlier), I also really like "Polar Bear" and "The Mission". Something a bit different...quite cool.
    Do you recognize the woman singing in The Mission? It is none other than the beautiful Milla Jovovich.

Do you recognize the woman singing in The Mission? It is none other than the beautiful Milla Jovovich.
    She's in that movie briefly, interviewing Maynard.

Really? I would never had known.

All That Remains - For We Are Many

Banned
    I recently upgraded the home computer (finally) and installed an up to date OS and visited the iTunes Store for the first time in about three years...

Shake Me Down - Cage the Elephant
    My Body - Young the Giant
    You Got Me - Crash Kings

It seems the alternative music scene is going strong... not so much with Hard Rock, sorry to say.

Been listening to Blackfield's latest (Steven Wilson and Aviv Geffen's pop-rock band), Welcome to my DNA.

Not a bad album, as usually some songs are way better than others, but I particularly like "Go to Hell":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_IBkD369g

Quote Originally Posted by Westsiyeed View Post
    Been listening to Blackfield's latest (Steven Wilson and Aviv Geffen's pop-rock band), Welcome to my DNA.

Not a bad album, as usually some songs are way better than others, but I particularly like "Go to Hell":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S_IBkD369g
    THANK YOU WEST! I completely forgot Blackfield had another out. Steven and Aviv are freaking awesome together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBsJQUYk1CU

All That Remains - Track One - Let Them Tremble and Track Two - For We Are Many.....what a helluva way to start an album off...I love the opening.