Hybrid View

The Good Ole Days

Just a bit of fun.

Probably minus the fun, though...

Not a great add, eh?

I am just looking to write a little fun fantasy story with you guys. You make the world, characters, enemies, plot, relasionships, magic system, etc.

I'm only going to give you one sentence for background: It's a medievil-based world. We begin in one country - Knights and Nobles, y'know? - but heck, we might go to another, a more asian culture, or Middle Eastern, etc.

There are two rules.

Maximum of ten sentences per post.

No portal-fantasy. It makes me ill. No sneakily slipping in portals either, through magic, voids, mirrors, black holes, explosions, alchemy, MEGASUPERDEMONS or DUST. Thanks.

I feel classic and I hope to cater to other people... feeling classic.

1CoolNerd The Lord of all Things Inane's Avatar
    The Giant Macro-Super Demon slipped through a black hole quasar magic portal using the Dust of Infinity.

Just kidding. Sounds like a cool idea, sort of King Arthur-ish? A little more back ground, parameters, like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of all Things Inane View Post
    The Giant Macro-Super Demon slipped through a black hole quasar magic portal using the Dust of Infinity.

Just kidding. Sounds like a cool idea, sort of King Arthur-ish? A little more back ground, parameters, like.
    -Shakes fist-

Few... Yes, like King Arthur I suppose. I'm trying to hold back from giving any kind of overview because I hoped we could create loations, characters and relasionships as we went along. But okay, I'll start.

---

The road stretched out before him as one may stretch a carpet before Royalty. That thought cheered him a little, yes, he would have to pretend it was his road, all his. It would make the long walk to Hucken somehow easier.

The bandits had left him with the clothes on his back, thankfully. It was odd how all the fancy moves and witty words he could have reigned down upon them only entered his head when they were miles in the other direction. They had taken his horse, his coin purse, his blankets, and his traveling bag. Even if he reached the small town, he had no way to pay for a room, and he knew no one there.

Nor could anyone know him, or they would send him right back to his Lord. He would face the penalty for his dessertion.

Tahl stopped to rub his blistered feet and pondered his precarious position. How could this have happened? A fortnight ago he was first advisor to the most powerful Duke in Loimir. At least he had his coin back. Two nights prior he came upon the bandits who had stripped him of his last shred of dignity. During their first encounter he was caught unaware. This time however the advantage was his as the bandits stumbled about drunk and rutting with the local harlots. Tahl quickly summoned Kieth and whispered words of power as he drew the rune bow and fired. A hundred arrows flew with frightening speed and detonated on impact. Moments later the bandits lay sprawled across the ground. What was left of them that is. Tahl quickly retrieved his coin purse and a bit of his pride.

--------

Sorry twelve sentences!!
    Last edited by 3rdI; December 3rd, 2010 at 08:38 PM.

So, all was not lost. Tahl had regained his meager possessions, but now had the additional problem of the City Watch searching the high roads for him. Never mind that he had killed oathbreakers and outlaws, only that the local sheriff had lost face by allowing such a wanton massacre to occur under in his county.

He once again rubbed his feet and contemplated the journey ahead of him. With the main roads denied him, the only option was the fringes of wilderness and all the dangers that accompanied it. There had been scattered rumours of were-beasts in the forests, and a quick glance overhead revealed that the moon was full and bright. It was not a night to brave the canopy-darkened hunting trails, but these were times of circumstance and not choice. With a weary sigh, Tahl pulled himself to his feet and vanished into the shadows.

As his feet crumpled leaves he felt a cold breeze against his shoulder. He flinched, despite having felt it a thousand times over since he was a small boy.

Kieth's voice was around him like an echo, like the wind itself. "Are you afraid of me once more?" He sounded amused.

"Hardly." Tahl grumbled. He had, at one time, been afraid of the Demon - if a demon was what Kieth was - but he had a bond to him, which meant every day of his life had been with Kieth now. He found it difficult to fear him once he learned he could control him. "Your arrows are all very well, but why can't you be useful? Can't you shapeshift?"

"Might be."

"A horse would be helpful."

"I would prefer to see you take these trails and be ripped limb from limb, sire." The demon rasped the word 'sire' with clear patronization, though he had no choice. His bond was to obey the young Advisor, however much he hated doing so.

--

Ahh well. xD Such a rebel.
    Last edited by Luya Sevrein; December 3rd, 2010 at 10:32 PM.