Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I just watch No Strings Attached Online this is the last movie that I have watched in 2011.. this movie is really mind blowing... I love to Watch this movie online as this is having great comedy with its story.. I love this movie..
    Last edited by Rob B; February 16th, 2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: We don't allow hotlinking to illegal downloads

I just watched Batman Begins followed by The Dark Knight.

Begins was good, I've seen it before and enjoyed it. I... I don't know about The Dark Knight. I thought Ledger was good, and made a convincing character, but I don't think of him as the Joker. I much prefer Hamill's voicing of the character in games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, and I think the way he acts is much more appropriate in that. I also didn't realise who Maggie G. was playing until someone pointed it out to me, whoops. Bale's new Batvoice sucked, though, it's as if the B-Man started smoking 50 a day whilst starting and finishing his day by gargling a sack of gravel.

Amazing how many vehicles they blew up, too.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoyed both of the Batmans. The whole voice issue annoys some people but I like the fact that he chooses to use a raspy voice. Every other Batman uses the same voice they use when they are Wayne. That never made sense to me.

As for the Joker I really liked his performance. He showed how insane or hyper-sane he was or potentially could be. I agree with the comment about Hamil. Hamil's Joker is amazing but doubt it would ever carry over to the big screen in live action.

I watched Green Hornet last night. It was a lot of fun but I think they failed to figure out whether it was meant to be a comedy or serious super hero movie with bits of levity thrown in from time to time. I think they should have stuck with one or the other and instead it hovered between the two. Either way it was a decent 2 hour movie. I saw it in 3D (no choice in the matter only format it was in) and could not understand the need for 3D.

Going to try and watch Gulliver's Travels tonight while the girlfriend is out of town and catch up on a few films being offered over here.

I saw Black Swan last night. I would consider it a genre film, but I suspect the filmmakers and studio would be embarrassed to admit any association. It was quite a good film, but very dark and intense and Darren Aronofsky uses a lot of claustrophobic close-ups and strange angles to pull you into the deluded fantasy. Natalie Portman gives a very good, Oscar worthy performance, portraying a fragile, neurotic personality splintering like a broken mirror. Barbara Hershey is also very creepy as Portman's emotionally manipulative mother. This is not a film I would show to any young, aspiring ballerinas.

I watched Unstoppable last night and it was really good, until the disc bombed out about 3/4 of the way through, dammit!!

Hope to watch the end tonight.

PS I loved Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Different treatments but both good.

Quote Originally Posted by DurzoBlint View Post
    I enjoyed both of the Batmans. The whole voice issue annoys some people but I like the fact that he chooses to use a raspy voice. Every other Batman uses the same voice they use when they are Wayne. That never made sense to me.

As for the Joker I really liked his performance. He showed how insane or hyper-sane he was or potentially could be. I agree with the comment about Hamil. Hamil's Joker is amazing but doubt it would ever carry over to the big screen in live action.
    Bale changed the Batvoice between films for no reason, though, and I thought it made him hard to understand at times in TDK. I know he has to disguise his voice but surely Lil' Mr Richy Pants Wayne can afford a voice modulator or something? Dread to think how many throat sweets Batsy goes through.

Best thing about Ledger's Joker, in my opinion, was his penguin waddle when he was walking out of the hospital. That had me giggling

I enjoyed the whole performance but my favourite part was probably the disappearing trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerwell View Post
    Bale changed the Batvoice between films for no reason, though, and I thought it made him hard to understand at times in TDK. I know he has to disguise his voice but surely Lil' Mr Richy Pants Wayne can afford a voice modulator or something? Dread to think how many throat sweets Batsy goes through.

Best thing about Ledger's Joker, in my opinion, was his penguin waddle when he was walking out of the hospital. That had me giggling
    Did he change voices? I thought it was the same in both. Didn't like it at first, but now I try to ignore it.

I loved Ledger as the Joker, but I can understand if you're either used to the part being played a certain way or it was just better that way. I haven't played the game, but now I'm thinking I should.

Your gona laugh...it was "G-Force" the kids movie. it was cute.

And "Deep Blue Sea" was right before that. I have a thing for creature flicks, stems from my dad showing me "Them", and "Swamp Thing" and silly movies like that as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    Did he change voices? I thought it was the same in both. Didn't like it at first, but now I try to ignore it.
    It was much more smoker-ish and raspy in TDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    I loved Ledger as the Joker, but I can understand if you're either used to the part being played a certain way or it was just better that way. I haven't played the game, but now I'm thinking I should.
    If you have a console (Or a capable PC), do so. It's great.

Unstoppable was great. Really nice tension and not too over the top with carnage and ridiculous stunts.

Watched "The Troll Hunter" last night - quite an entertaining movie, with some good special effects and subtle humour thrown in. It's done in the first person style, which although is a bit overdone, doesn't detract too much from the movie itself.

http://www.trollhunterfilm.com/

Lightbulb A Year

Its been a year since I have been to the movies. Wow have never been this long without seeing a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanworld View Post
    Its been a year since I have been to the movies. Wow have never been this long without seeing a movie.
    You need to get out more

I've seen other non-SciFi movies listed here so I don't feel bad about saying I saw "True Grit". I thought it was well made and followed the book better than the original with The Duke. (Yes, I'm old enough to have seen it when it was released).

SciFi wise, I've seen Avatar and enjoyed it although it went over the top, but of course it's SciFi. It should be over the top.

On a movie I resaw (is that a word?). Storm Troopers based poorly on Heinleins book (as was I, Robot) There is a part of the movie that absolutely bugs me (no pun intended-if you've seen the movie you know what I mean). Earth is fighting a planet of insect based beings. They have no technology, None. Their primary weapons are gobs of goo shot out of their butts and asteroids. Seeing as the Galaxy is 100000 LY wide and in the movie they show Earth and Klandestine (sp) being across the Galaxy from each other. How the hell did they send said asteroids to Earth? In the movie a Earth ship actually has a near fatal crash with one. Yet days later the asteroid hits South America. Granted it's a movie, but do script-writers not study real time Science? The movie itself is watchable (no Oscars), but that one element always bothered me. How a bunch of insects with no tech could send an asteroid light years across the Galaxy in days.

Looking forward to Cowboys Vs Aliens. James Bond and Indiana Jones. Spielberg. It can't be all bad.