Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 751

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Supercalifragilistic teahupoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    301

    Wise Mans Fear March 1st [SPOILERS!!]

    March 1st Wise Mans Fear comes out. He is also doing a book signing tour starting march 1st. Here are the dates at his blog.

    http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011...fear-the-tour/

    I'm so stoked for this book.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by teahupoo View Post
    March 1st Wise Mans Fear comes out. He is also doing a book signing tour starting march 1st. Here are the dates at his blog.

    http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011...fear-the-tour/

    I'm so stoked for this book.
    Hell yeah. I haven't looked at the blog today thanks for the update. Right on I am stoked as well.

    I do not do book signings never have. Never cared about that kind of crap but I am almost tempted to go to one of the signings. Rothfuss is the literary equivalent of the band Tool for me.

  3. #3
    \m/ BEER \m/ Moderator Rob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Near Cows in the Garden State
    Posts
    10,901
    Lots of discussion on this one here:
    Excerpt from Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.
    I've got a copy of it myself.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Lots of discussion on this one here:
    Excerpt from Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.
    I've got a copy of it myself.
    That was a great review of NOTW btw Rob. Are you planning on doing one for TWMF as well? I was surprised you didn't review Shadowheart your eloquence might help attract readers to the genius that is Tad Williams

  5. #5
    \m/ BEER \m/ Moderator Rob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Near Cows in the Garden State
    Posts
    10,901
    Thanks for the kudos 3dI, I realized it was the incorrect link, here's the real Wise Man's Fear thread in the forums:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21316

    Review written and done for Shadowheart, will be posting soonish.

  6. #6
    For those who enjoyed The Name of the Wind, you can go ahead and pre-order The Wise Man's Fear. It's everything its predecessor was, and then some!

    If you weren't thrilled by Rothfuss' debut, then you need not bother with volume 2. Style-wise and plot-lise, there is likely nothing that can win over readers who were not that impressed with TNotW.

    In terms of style and tone, both novels are pretty similar. So I doubt that The Wise Man's Fear can satisfy readers that weren't enchanted by the first one. But for fans of the author, it should definitely scratch that itch!

    Patrick

  7. #7
    Registered User Roland 85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    814
    I've already preordered it

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pat5150 View Post
    For those who enjoyed The Name of the Wind, you can go ahead and pre-order The Wise Man's Fear. It's everything its predecessor was, and then some!

    If you weren't thrilled by Rothfuss' debut, then you need not bother with volume 2. Style-wise and plot-lise, there is likely nothing that can win over readers who were not that impressed with TNotW.

    In terms of style and tone, both novels are pretty similar. So I doubt that The Wise Man's Fear can satisfy readers that weren't enchanted by the first one. But for fans of the author, it should definitely scratch that itch!

    Patrick
    High Fives Pat, Rob and Teahupoo. Amazing how waiting for a book or an album almost makes you feel like a kid again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pat5150 View Post
    If you weren't thrilled by Rothfuss' debut, then you need not bother with volume 2. Style-wise and plot-lise, there is likely nothing that can win over readers who were not that impressed with TNotW.
    Amen!

    Cheers,

    Sfinx.

  10. #10
    Finally, one of the new books ive been waiting for is finally here. Can't wait.

  11. #11
    Shadows In The Wind EsotericForest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    63
    Blog Entries
    1
    I already have it pre-ordered, along with The Crippled God. Potential for two amazing books on the same day...gotta love it.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    2
    here is my theory,
    I bet master Ash is cinder as well but on my second reading of TWMF I noticed this passage from Shehyn: "But at this time they were themselves, the women and men fair and strong. They sang songs of power and fought as well as Ademre do."
    what caught my attention was this she spoke of the people who sang and fought at the same time, they fought as well as the Ademre and sang. this tells me two things Kvothe will have to learn to fight and sing while he fights the the chandrian. This looks to be his best option to killing cinder. This also says songs have power as well as names, something to think about!
    Last edited by walkabout; November 14th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    2
    My theroy,
    while re-reading the TWMF I noticed a somthing said by Shehyn "Once there was a great realm peopled by great people. They were not Ademre. They were what Ademre was before we became ourselves.
    "But at this time they were themselves, the women and men fair and strong. They sang songs of power and fought as well as Ademre do."
    this tells us two things Songs Have power like names, thus why Kvothe's family was all killed off.
    Second this also says that Kvothe will have to learn how to sing with power and and fight to kill the chandrian / Cinder-
    tell me what you think!

  14. #14
    the Thirsty thirstyVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Hell yeah. I haven't looked at the blog today thanks for the update. Right on I am stoked as well.

    I do not do book signings never have. Never cared about that kind of crap but I am almost tempted to go to one of the signings. Rothfuss is the literary equivalent of the band Tool for me.
    Oh, do you like Tool? Weird :P

  15. #15
    I've never been to a book signing before. How do these things typically work? Does B&N let you bring your own book or are you supposed to grab one before the signing begins or what?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •