Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Wise Mans Fear March 1st [SPOILERS!!]

March 1st Wise Mans Fear comes out. He is also doing a book signing tour starting march 1st. Here are the dates at his blog.

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2011...fear-the-tour/

I'm so stoked for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by teahupoo View Post
    March 1st Wise Mans Fear comes out. He is also doing a book signing tour starting march 1st. Here are the dates at his blog.

Hell yeah. I haven't looked at the blog today thanks for the update. Right on I am stoked as well.

I do not do book signings never have. Never cared about that kind of crap but I am almost tempted to go to one of the signings. Rothfuss is the literary equivalent of the band Tool for me.

Lots of discussion on this one here:
    Excerpt from Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.
    I've got a copy of it myself.

For those who enjoyed The Name of the Wind, you can go ahead and pre-order The Wise Man's Fear. It's everything its predecessor was, and then some!

If you weren't thrilled by Rothfuss' debut, then you need not bother with volume 2. Style-wise and plot-lise, there is likely nothing that can win over readers who were not that impressed with TNotW.

In terms of style and tone, both novels are pretty similar. So I doubt that The Wise Man's Fear can satisfy readers that weren't enchanted by the first one. But for fans of the author, it should definitely scratch that itch!

Patrick

I've already preordered it

Quote Originally Posted by pat5150 View Post
    For those who enjoyed The Name of the Wind, you can go ahead and pre-order The Wise Man's Fear. It's everything its predecessor was, and then some!

If you weren't thrilled by Rothfuss' debut, then you need not bother with volume 2. Style-wise and plot-lise, there is likely nothing that can win over readers who were not that impressed with TNotW.

In terms of style and tone, both novels are pretty similar. So I doubt that The Wise Man's Fear can satisfy readers that weren't enchanted by the first one. But for fans of the author, it should definitely scratch that itch!

Patrick
    High Fives Pat, Rob and Teahupoo. Amazing how waiting for a book or an album almost makes you feel like a kid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Lots of discussion on this one here:
    Excerpt from Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.
    I've got a copy of it myself.
    That was a great review of NOTW btw Rob. Are you planning on doing one for TWMF as well? I was surprised you didn't review Shadowheart your eloquence might help attract readers to the genius that is Tad Williams

Thanks for the kudos 3dI, I realized it was the incorrect link, here's the real Wise Man's Fear thread in the forums:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21316

Review written and done for Shadowheart, will be posting soonish.

Dude it sucks you live on the other side of the universe I think it would be a blast going to a signing with you. I need to order one of the Eolian shirts before he stops carrying them! Gotta rock the shirt to the signing.

*Update*
    Actually I just re-read the T-Shirt update he is going to continue to carry them. I still bought one anyway and I just preordered the book.

*Update Number Two*
    Wow I am a freakin nerd
    Last edited by 3rdI; January 12th, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Wow I am a freakin nerd
    Don't forget to wear your elf ears and practice your elvish phrases to try and impress the author.

NERD!

Don't forget to wear your elf ears and practice your elvish phrases to try and impress the author.

NERD!
    Don't hate! You are just jealous I am going to be rocking the gangster Eolian shirt

I am reading so many books right now, but I want to re-read TNOTW. I think I will download from audible... I've got a 45 minute commute twice a day, should be a good way to refresh myself to that world.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Don't hate! You are just jealous I am going to be rocking the gangster Eolian shirt
    Come to think of it i think i'll order a shirt too.

Quote Originally Posted by pat5150 View Post
    Amen!

Cheers,

Sfinx.

Finally, one of the new books ive been waiting for is finally here. Can't wait.