Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
As others have said, he's nowhere close now. GRRM has sold the better part of 10 million books, Rothfuss is simply not in that league (though if I was told that TNotW had sold more than a million copies so far, I'd believe it), despite being the biggest epic fantasy debut for many years. Maybe a few years from now, if Rothfuss can increase his writing speed and catch up with GRRM. Rothfuss's first book is somewhat more approachable than AGoT and I think could win over a larger fanbase, but the likes of GRRM and Robert Jordan have huge head starts.

Of course, if the TV series is a big hit, that'll get millions more people reading the books. But then TNotW could make a good movie as well (with some condensing you could probably do the three books as three movies), so who knows?
10 million sales is not a relevant number to which series has more fans. even if the 10 million is evenly distributed between the 4 books thats only 2.5 million readers.

Seems like Fiest of Crows sales versus NOTW sales would be the important numbers. Though it sounds like NOTW is way behind.