Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    My speculation (even before I got halfway through with WMF) is that the King in question who is causing problems turns out to be Ambrose. Kvothe has noted a number of times that Ambrose is not too too far from the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    My speculation (even before I got halfway through with WMF) is that the King in question who is causing problems turns out to be Ambrose. Kvothe has noted a number of times that Ambrose is not too too far from the throne.
    agreed - I've thought the same for a while now.

Imagine if it didn't come out today.

And Rothfuss was all SORRY GAISE and stopped updating his blog.

And we all waited for years and years...

My wife just texted me to inform me that a heavy, rectangular package from Amazon just arrived at our doorstep. Was hoping to have Butcher's Summer Knight finished up first (100 pgs left), but I dont think I'm going to be able to wait... Believe I'll be diving into TWMF tonight. Summer Knight, you can wait!

Blog Entries
    Audible.com is on my poop list (for now)...

I have been looking forward to this release since I read NoTW back in the fall. I was planning on the Audible.com version since I really enjoyed that version of NoTW but ... it does not seem to be available on Audible for some reason. They have added several March 1st releases, but TWMF has not been one of them as of my last look. Annoyed for sure, but until I stop traveling this much and/or my vision suddenly improves.... I need an audible version! May have to abandon Audible and have a look at Amazon. Oh well....

BTW- I just realize that if this glitch bothers me at all then perhaps we should start a rotation of 'watches', taking turns keeping 3rdI away from sharp things and open windows in case his copy gets lost in the mail or something.

Last edited by 3rdI; March 1st, 2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: off topic

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBeast View Post
    My wife just texted me to inform me that a heavy, rectangular package from Amazon just arrived at our doorstep. Was hoping to have Butcher's Summer Knight finished up first (100 pgs left), but I dont think I'm going to be able to wait... Believe I'll be diving into TWMF tonight. Summer Knight, you can wait!
    The wrong choice, IMO. Those last 100 pages are a blast, and a lot more fun than anything in TNotW.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    That is about the fourth shot I have taken now in this thread. I have a very long memory.

Who's taking shot at whom?

Blog Entries
    Rob,
    I can only assume that he is taking offense at the last part of my post a few back. Thus, I would like to add that it was said in jest, partly out of respect for his passion for Rothfuss and not intended as a 'knock', unless his excitement at the release of AWMF is in some way a knock.

3rdI - If it is indeed my comment you are bristling about I would ask you to go back and read it again with less of a defensive attitude. Maybe even a lighthearted view would be in order? No need to go into defensive mode! I have never attacked you about anything and did not here either. Just a light hearted jab at your passion toward a series that I myself am also excited about. I refuse to believe that you are that easily offended. In any case, please don't surround yourself with eggshells.
    Roy
    Last edited by Twinner; March 1st, 2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typing is like... really hard dude!

Agreed as well. . . Been thinking that since TNotW, actually. Either killing Ambrose will get Kvothe kicked out of the university, or the prick somehow becomes king...

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Rob,
    I can only assume that he is taking offense at the last part of my post a few back. Thus, I would like to add that it was said in jest, partly out of respect for his passion for Rothfuss and not intended as a 'knock', unless his excitement at the release of AWMF is in some way a knock.

3rdI - If it is indeed my comment you are bristling about I would ask you to go back and read it again with less of a defensive attitude. Maybe even a lighthearted view would be in order? No need to go into defensive mode! I have never attacked you about anything and did not here either. Just a light hearted jab at your passion toward a series that I myself am also excited about. I refuse to believe that you are that easily offended. In any case, please don't surround yourself with eggshells.
    Roy
    An accumulation of perceived slights I have received regarding my enthusiasm for The Kingkiller Chronicle obviously colored my perspective on your post. My apologies for the rash response. Thank you for the clarification and I hope you enjoy the book. Sadly I am still waiting for mine to ship which has greatly irritated me.
    Last edited by 3rdI; March 1st, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Who's taking shot at whom?
    Was it me? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    Was it me? D:
    Of course not we are friends you know better than that You have free reign to take shots all day long, ever if your aim is a bit off!

Book still hasn't shipped. I suspect it won't ship until tomorrow. Was too busy to even think about stopping by the book store today. Getting grumpier by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Of course not we are friends you know better than that You have free reign to take shots all day long, ever if your aim is a bit off!

Book still hasn't shipped. I suspect it won't ship until tomorrow. Was too busy to even think about stopping by the book store today. Getting grumpier by the minute.
    Heh, that wasn't a dig. xD More a dig at my precious Martin by myself than anything. ;O That's why I was worried! I'd not dig at you!

...Not on the day of WMF anyway...

...Maybe.

I have no money to buy it yet. xD;

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    Heh, that wasn't a dig. xD More a dig at my precious Martin by myself than anything. ;O That's why I was worried! I'd not dig at you!

...Not on the day of WMF anyway...

...Maybe.

I have no money to buy it yet. xD;
    LOL you can dig anytime. What makes this day even worse is Chelsea beat Manchester United. You know me well enough to know you add that to the shipping delay and I am all kinds of irritated.

That sucks I would buy you a copy if it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to ship it across the pond. Plus they wouldn't even let it come across right because it is the US version?