Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Hey I have a bit of a Rothfuss emergency here, and I'm hoping you guys can help me. I am desperately trying to find a site where I can purchase and download the audiobook for WMF, but every avenue I have tried has been a dead end.

Audible doesn't have it, and I even purchased it on Booksonboard but after I paid, the download link just leads to an http 400 error.

I really need this book on audio . Do you guys know a site that is selling it in downloadable format?

Blog Entries
    I got and email from Audible today (did I mention they were on my 'poop list'?)
    saying,
    "I understand that you are inquiring about "The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss". I have researched our database, and we are currently experiencing a delay in releasing the audiobook on the Audible website which would be the reason why it's not available yet on the website.

We appreciate your patience while the audiobook is being released on the Audible website. At this time, I do not have an estimated time of when the audiobook will be available on website. If you have any questions for me or need assistance, please don't hesitate to respond to this email. Have a great day!"

Not a great day.... and they gave no info about what the problem is or when it might be resolved. Sounds like the problem is in the pipeline somewhere before it gets to the audio sellers. Sooo... no biggie! Lots of good books to read while waiting, just have to avoid the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    I am beyond all kinds of irritated. I pre-ordered the book in January. I chose the fastest shipping option possible. Well my copy finally just shipped today which is absolute nonsense so it will be here tomorrow. The book should have shipped bright and freaking early Monday morning. At least the book is selling crazy well. Not sure what the fantasy record is for first week sales but I would love if WMF broke the record. I tend to doubt it given that for some strange reason Terry Brooks seems to sell insane amounts of copies every time he releases a Shannara book even though every Shannara book is basically the same book.
    Yeah, there's definitely a bright side to these supply issues. This book is just pwning everyone's phace off.

I hope Rothfuss rocks it on the NYT bestseller list for a year. It would be so great for the genre.

I'm about the mid point of the book and find myself rather bored. I hope it picks up again at some point.

At about 3/4 of the way into the book, I'm getting a similar feeling that some 'episodes' are lingering a bit much. This is not to say poorly written, just that Rothfuss seems to be spending too much time on the "side quests" like
    Spoiler:

Felurian and Tempi

Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    Bookselling is a bloodbath at the moment. They keep laying off people and stores are understaffed. So probably they hadn't had a chance to put a lot of books on the floor yet, not just Rothfuss'. Every morning, boxes and boxes of books arrive at the store. The boxes have to be opened, unpacked, the books checked against the shipping list, then logged each one into inventory. Rothfuss may be in a special display rack, so that has to be set up. If DAW paid for Rothfuss' book to be displayed with other titles in front tables, etc., then they have to get all those books together for the table display. So if they are busy working the floor, if they are behind, then yeah, it's real easy for books not to be put out on time. It's not like an iPhone. But Rothfuss is a NYTimes bestseller, so the books will be out there soon. Amazon -- I have no idea, that could be all sorts of warehouse and shipping issues. But I'd guess it will be up and running by beginning of next week.
    It is not that I am having difficulty understanding those concepts. I think the difference is that I do not accept them as an excuse while you may be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattNY View Post
    It is not that I am having difficulty understanding those concepts. I think the difference is that I do not accept them as an excuse while you may be fine with it.
    I didn't say that it was an excuse or that I was fine with it. Just an explanation of why it was happening. It's certainly not a good thing that it's happening. But it is likely that the book will be everywhere within a week, regardless of the haplessness of booksellers.

Blog Entries
    For whoever else was looking for the audio version....

AWMF is now available at Audible.Com and being downloaded to my iphone as I type this. Eager to listen, but gonna finish Mad Ship first now that I started it.

I will never order a book from barnesandnoble.com again. I will never shop at a barnes and noble store again. The book is STILL not here and with the latest update it is possible it may not arrive until Monday. That is so far beyond unacceptable as to render it almost laughable save for the fact that I am so many levels of pissed off at this point that I think I am physically incapable of laughing at anything at the moment.

I per-ordered this in January. Jan u bleeping ary. The book should have been packaged and ready to ship on the bleeping release day. Did that happen? Nope. B&N doesn't roll that way. That's cool though. Amazon.com works just fine.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    I will never order a book from barnesandnoble.com again. I will never shop at a barnes and noble store again. The book is STILL not here and with the latest update it is possible it may not arrive until Monday. That is so far beyond unacceptable as to render it almost laughable save for the fact that I am so many levels of pissed off at this point that I think I am physically incapable of laughing at anything at the moment.

I per-ordered this in January. Jan u bleeping ary. The book should have been packaged and ready to ship on the bleeping release day. Did that happen? Nope. B&N doesn't roll that way. That's cool though. Amazon.com works just fine.
    When was the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    When was the release date?
    March 1st. Tuesday.

It does seem like there are a lot of problems, and not just Barnes & Noble. Didn't someone say that Amazon was saying a week to ship out? So there are obvious screw-ups going on, with both stores and DAW. But great that Rothfuss is on his 4th printing!

It does seem like there are a lot of problems, and not just Barnes & Noble. Didn't someone say that Amazon was saying a week to ship out? So there are obvious screw-ups going on, with both stores and DAW. But great that Rothfuss is on his 4th printing!
    The 4th printing did bring a smile to my face as well I suppose my frustration comes more from the fact that I pre-ordered the book almost two months prior to release. One would think some sort of first in first out process would be in place. Don't mistake me this is not a monumental issue there are far more important things in the world going on at the moment than a fantasy book. I am just venting. Worst case scenario it doesn't come tomorrow and I just go to a book store over the weekend and buy it. Leaves a fresh copy for a signing or if I don't go to a signing I will just donate the second copy to the library or something.

I would say you have a woman's calming touch but knowing you Madam Kat you would probably take offense
    Last edited by 3rdI; March 3rd, 2011 at 06:59 PM.

Amazon.ca was, I ended up getting it through Amazon.com with no issues, outside of shipping costing a good bit.

And now there are copies available at Chapters and Indigo in Ontario (the major books stores here) but by the looks of stock, they will be out by the end of the weekend. Seems he is selling quite well.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    The book is STILL not here and with the latest update it is possible it may not arrive until Monday.
    3rdI- Every time I look at this thread and see that you still don't have WMF I get sad. Knowing how big of a fan you are, and how big of a supporter of the series you've been makes this b.s. pretty unjust.

I agree B&N is lame. I only buy from locally owned bookstores at this point.