Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silvercue View Post
    Yes, a nice interview. Guess most here already know, but he said book is 50% again longer than NOTW.
    This is beautiful music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by kcmay View Post
    Man, I really enjoyed TNOTW, but the publisher's price on the Kindle edition of TWMF pisses me off. I'll wait until it comes down. Maybe by then his next book will be out.
    Aren't most Kindle editions of new release hardcovers $14.99?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBeast View Post
    This is beautiful music to my ears!
    Over 900 pages of awesomeness I cannot wait I can't remember the last time I have been this excited about a book release. In fact I don't think I have ever been this excited about a book release!

Less than three weeks until lift off!

Go buy it now. What are you waiting for? Pre-order a copy or three.

Tour Details

Signed copies are available for those who cannot make it to a signing.

The Signed Page
    Last edited by 3rdI; February 9th, 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Over 900 pages of awesomeness I cannot wait I can't remember the last time I have been this excited about a book release. In fact I don't think I have ever been this excited about a book release!
    Pretty excited about this one too! I have been listening to the audiobook to reaquaint myself with Kvothe's world (previously read). I think I like it better the second time! The recording from audible.com is quite good btw, good narrarator IMO.

So, if we have this book, Game of Thrones HBO series, and ADWD makes it out this year and we gamers get Dragon Age II......this could be a banner year for my inner geek!!

It is all over but the waiting for me. I have read The Name of the Wind again and I have Wise Man's Fear on order. Tick,Tick,Tick....

I'm really excited. I bought all five T-shirts offered on Rothfuss's site, heh. The sample, which is about the first 80 pages or so, is available on ibooks, but I can't make myself read beyond the prologue! If I read enough to get me engrossed in the story, then this next month will be even more difficult to wait through.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyc View Post
    I'm really excited. I bought all five T-shirts offered on Rothfuss's site, heh. The sample, which is about the first 80 pages or so, is available on ibooks, but I can't make myself read beyond the prologue! If I read enough to get me engrossed in the story, then this next month will be even more difficult to wait through.
    Right on! I bought The Eolian Bar one I might get a different one as well. Which shirt is your favorite?

trolling > dissertation nquixote's Avatar
    Unbelievably, I'm finding myself looking forward eagerly to Wise Man's Fear...and on top of that, I'm fondly remembering my days last year reading The Name of the Wind! The book grew on me over time, I guess.

Maybe I just got tired of contrarian trolling after 2/3 of y'all got into the act.

Supercalifragilistic
    Quote Originally Posted by nquixote View Post
    Unbelievably, I'm finding myself looking forward eagerly to Wise Man's Fear...and on top of that, I'm fondly remembering my days last year reading The Name of the Wind! The book grew on me over time, I guess.

Maybe I just got tired of contrarian trolling after 2/3 of y'all got into the act.
    I WIN! You were a worthy adversary, yet your granted vast understanding of mathematics were no match for my superior knowledge of general relativity. I salute you good sir.

NERD ALERT!

Patrick Rothfuss .... bringing fantasy fans together one nerd at a time
    Last edited by 3rdI; February 10th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Mind you, I'm still not quite as willing to make out with the tome as some of y'all here...but it is a better-than-average fantasy series.

THERE TEAHUPOO I SAID IT

Supercalifragilistic
    Quote Originally Posted by nquixote View Post
    Mind you, I'm still not quite as willing to make out with the tome as some of y'all here...but it is a better-than-average fantasy series.

THERE TEAHUPOO I SAID IT

I'm just glad to see you've joined us on the bus. I am confident book 2 will see many more detractors join us. I don't expect any GRRM fan boys to join us, (they don't like the idea of other authors toppling their beloved leader at the top of the mountain) however i do expect the reasonable ones to join us.

I sure hope 3rdI isn't driving this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teahupoo View Post
    I'm just glad to see you've joined us on the bus. I am confident book 2 will see many more detractors join us. I don't expect any GRRM fan boys to join us, (they don't like the idea of other authors toppling their beloved leader at the top of the mountain) however i do expect the reasonable ones to join us.
    Lulz. So it's a fanboy war, is it?

Sorry, Mr. Poo, GRRM may be unwilling or unable to write the second half of his series, but he soars as far above Rothfuss as a peregrine falcon soars above a naked mole rat.

Someday you will come to admit this.

Looks like it's doing pretty well already. As of right now it is #7 on Amazon.com's Top 100 Bestseller's list. Not too shabby.