Hybrid View

Ghost Story (The Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

Fans of the series are heavily waiting the release of this book after what went down in the latest installment, Changes. Just read some news, and it seems like we'll have to wait a bit longer...

Publication date has been moved from April until July 26.

Anyways, good thing we at least had the short story collection in the meantime, Side Jobs.

Decided not to put a product description here since I'm sure plenty would get spoiled, though if you aren't up to date you really shouldn't be coming in here.

Hopefully the delay means that Butcher will reward us with some more awesomeness.

http://www.jim-butcher.com/posts/201...bumped-to-july

Following an in-interview announcement by Jim at MarsCon over the weekend, we’ve updated the site to reflect the new release date for Ghost Story: July 26, 2011.

Said Jim (paraphrased): “It came down to, readers could either get a half-assed story in April, or a full-assed one in July!”

While the delay is unfortunate for folks hoping to get their hands on Harry in April, we have confidence Jim will be able to deliver a gripping tale for our Summer reading roster.
    Last edited by Bastard; January 24th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries

delay

I was actually hoping they'd move it to something more... appropriate than boring old April. Plus, that gives me more time to concentrate on yon taxes.

Friday, May 13th was the date I was imagining.

Any comments as to cause? Bickering with hoozit over the electronic version?

Then again, considering all the 'big kids' come out with books in November, I was expecting them to shift Jim's main title that direction. October 31 for Ghost Story probably would have been a perfect play, but.... that's business. I'll buy the book when it's put on sale.

Man, can you imagine how lost people could be getting in on book thirteen in this series?
    Last edited by expatrie; January 25th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

I was very disappointed with the new date.

I've got the pre-order but now it will arrive while I'm on vacation!

Will have to wait almost a week after to release to actually read it!

Blog Entries

Exclamation

typically the site has the first five chapters on a weekly release leading up to the book release, so if you have access, that may alleviate the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by expatrie View Post
    typically the site has the first five chapters on a weekly release leading up to the book release, so if you have access, that may alleviate the pain.
    Yah, but I hate being teased.

Blog Entries

Chapter one is UP!

Chapter one of Ghost Story is up on penguin.

See my blog for a direct link, should you be interested.

Ghost Story - Jim Butcher - Chapter one.

Or bypass my jabber and get the story here.

It's a little funky. I had to hit reload before the excerpt showed up on the left side of the page.

Goody goody goody.
    --Brian.
    Last edited by expatrie; March 25th, 2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: to add the links