Looking for book title

I read a book years ago that I would like to find and read again. For the life of me I cannot remember who the author was nor the title of the book. The main plot is about a teenage boy that suffers brain damage in a car accident. His father works for a company that does secret work. They decide to see if they can fix his son. They implant a microchip in the boy's brain. After that he seems like the same person and has memories but he has no emotion. His test scores are perfect but because he lacks emotion or conviction becomes a killer. If anybody knows the title or author can you please post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dude View Post
    I read a book years ago that I would like to find and read again. For the life of me I cannot remember who the author was nor the title of the book. The main plot is about a teenage boy that suffers brain damage in a car accident. His father works for a company that does secret work. They decide to see if they can fix his son. They implant a microchip in the boy's brain. After that he seems like the same person and has memories but he has no emotion. His test scores are perfect but because he lacks emotion or conviction becomes a killer. If anybody knows the title or author can you please post it?
    Sounds like Brain Child by John Saul. I read it years ago, written in the 80's.

Brain Child sounds like a supernatural horror novel. Am I mistaken?