1960's novel- utopia lost, then regained by young kid.

OK, I read this one about 1967 I guess, it was juvenile fiction I suppose. There is this kid, who lives on a nicer planet that ours. In the evening the people go out to watch the sun set, & see the stars & etc..
    Then something happens to the boy, and he is trans substantiated off to USA circa 1960s. More of a rural setting, not "the sixties" of popular culture. He is taken in by a kind family, but not before somehow running afoul of some assholes.
    Anyway, the good guy/bad guy situation progresses to some climax I know longer recall, and ultimately the boy and his adopted family get re trans substantiated back to the groovy planet with the sunsets.
    Any ideas?

Great book!

Alexander Key's The Forgotten Door. Terrific juvenile sf author - he also wrote Escape to Witch Mountain and The Magic Meadow. The Forgotten Door is the only one of his many books in print now I think.

Aha!

Acton-

Thanks so much, I think you are right, this very likely is the book. They do have a few more of his at amazon, but I think I will try the library tomorrow and see what they may have.