Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan9597 View Post
    Hey Heather. Thank you -- and thank you for telling others about the series

The reason we are all here is our love of fantasy and when you find a series this good it is a pleasure to recommend the books to fellow fantasy fans. I still remember my friend who told me you really need to check out A Game of Thrones. He got a free dinner out of the deal and I received hours of reading bliss.
    I'm hoping this deal means that we will see more of Riyria than just the first six books?

Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    Publishing doesn't shut down during that time -- it's their biggest sales season -- but the acquisitions side gets slow because meetings are hard to schedule. Luckily that was surmounted and the deal was done. Now, Darksbane, Bard, intrigue us about what the series is about, please.
    It's a very traditional style fantasy story. A wise powerful wizard, elves, goblins, dwarves etc. The storyline at first appears to be very straight forward, but there are many layers to the characters and plot that are slowly revealed throughout the series, and I'd say that is what Michael has done best. He builds on the story and characters very well, while keeping the plot moving forward at a fairly quick pace.

I'm sorry, I'm not one to write a synopsis, because I'm not sure what to say without giving away too much. The Crown Conspiracy basically starts with two thieves for hire who take a job and it turns out to not be exactly what they expected. From there the story is about the fallout of that job and how it entangled them in a fairly large "conspiracy". Avempartha and the rest of the books build on this story. I'd say the first three books could be read independantly of eachother, but its obviously best to read them in order.

I'm going to have to do a re-read before I say much more. And I don't really want to give away too much. Really it just boils down to a fun, light read that still engages the "detective" parts of your brain. Its obviously not going to be for everyone, but I think most people would find something to enjoy here.

Quote Originally Posted by henderson View Post
    Great news! Can't be more happy for Michael and Robin! I can wait for book 6, if it comes out in a timely fashion.

Just wondering with this new deal with Orbit, does this mean there will be more Riyiria Revelations novels in the future? Hope so! Thanks.
    Having Michael with Orbit rather than Ridan will allow me to spend more time with authors there - so yes I think it will increase the number of books released.

Hi Robin--Yes, it has been a while! I imagine we'll catch up at one of the conventions over the next year...and yes, my second book, "Guardians of the Desert", is due out at the end of March 2011. I'm heading into the Mad Preparations For Launch stage as we speak....sure would be fun to see you & Michael there! (April 2 in Williamsburg, VA)--I'm expecting a decent crowd, so if you do attend, please bring business cards to hand out! (I've had a TON of compliments about the cover Michael designed for me, by the way.)

Place to request Percepliquis ONLY version

Hey guys...I just wanted to let you know that I've setup an email account: riyria6@gmail.com - if you want print versions of Percepliquis in its original format (i.e. size and Michael's cover) then please send a message here with the number of copies. This will help us and Orbit determine what if anything can be done in order to get those with a partial set to complete out the series as it was originally intended.

Thanks!

I have placed my order, Robin...
    Hope this will happen, would really like to have the series complete with Michaels cover and in the same size...
    And if not, well, at least you're trying and making an effort, that counts for a lot in my book...

Best of luck with this and also with your new deal with Orbit...
    I'm positive it will be a success and that we'll see more books by Michael in the future...

Well, according to Michael's blog we will be getting the final book on its own, with his cover afterall. Orbit will be running a limited run for an ebook version and a printed version. That's pretty amazing, I really didn't think he would be able to make that happen. A huge thanks to Michael, Robin, and the people at Orbit. I think I'll buy the three book set anyways, though.

Orbit's the best

Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    Well, according to Michael's blog we will be getting the final book on its own, with his cover afterall. Orbit will be running a limited run for an ebook version and a printed version. That's pretty amazing, I really didn't think he would be able to make that happen. A huge thanks to Michael, Robin, and the people at Orbit. I think I'll buy the three book set anyways, though.
    I think this really goes to show just what a grat organization Orbit is. I know that it can't be easy for them to do this as it doesn't fit their standard model.

On other fronts....We've already received the covers for all three books and the story edits (very little changes - a new chapter 1 for book 1, nothing removed, and just a bit more explanations in a few areas. We're waiting on the copy edits but things are moving along quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Blues View Post
    I haven't kept up on the series as well as others, so I'll be looking forward to the omnibuses. Will Michael's cover art still be used? The covers have been some of my favorite in recent memory.
    There will be a "Percepliquis Only" version that will have Michael's cover - it will be for sale for just a very limited amount of time so that those who have the "original" covers can complete their series.

The Omnibus versions by Orbit will have all new covers. They've already been created and I'm just waiting for them to "preview" them before providing links.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Can you tell us when the "Percepliquis Only" version will be out? Do they have an idea yet. I want it to go with the others I have, and knowing how I am I will probably buy the new editions to just loan out and spread the word of these wonderful books.

Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    Can you tell us when the "Percepliquis Only" version will be out? Do they have an idea yet. I want it to go with the others I have, and knowing how I am I will probably buy the new editions to just loan out and spread the word of these wonderful books.
    In the contract that we recently received, they specified January 2012 as the release date of Percepliquis - but that contract was the first one we received and had a lot of boilerplate wording that Michael could not sign as is. Our agent is working on a counter contract so we are in the early phases of the negotiation process (even though the books are nearly complete - new covers, editing finished, ARC's ready and the like). If we get a contract that can be signed it will remain January 2012. If we can't agree...then it would be a lot sooner

I really like Orbit and want to see the books put out through them...but we need to make sure that Michael's future writing would not be prohibited. For instance, the current non-compete clause would prevent any Riyria Revelations "prequels" or "sequels" from being produced.

We'll keep you posted.

Rogue Warrior
    Cool thread! Congrats to the Sullivans'!!! I read the first book and like it alot. I had a hard time finding a copy, so this whole deal is good news to me.

Rogue Warrior
    Cool, Thanks for that, Mrs Sullivan.

I was at BookExpo America on Tuesday (THE major book publishing conference in the US) and stopped by the Orbit booth. The folks there have terrific things to say about Mr. & Mrs. Sullivan and the books. I walked out with Theft of Swords, the first omnibus containing the first two novels in the series. I'll post back when I read/review it (which probably won't be for a bit, the to read pile is growing).

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I walked out with Theft of Swords, the first omnibus containing the first two novels in the series.
    *begins stalking Rob B*