Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I'll listen to it tonight. I'm going to stick with the original version of the books. Haven't started it yet, but plan on doing so. Got them all so far. The first three are signed by Michael, so I'm kinda hesitating on ruining them. For sure I won't let my brother read them, he destroys my books. He'll have to buy his own copy, that cheap bastard.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Well I got some gift cards today and was able to preorder "Percepiliquis" for my Nook. I am so happy. I have read the other five books and loved them and can't wait for this last one, although I will have to wait till Jan. I plan on buying the paper copies in omnibus form when they come out. And loaning them to many people so they will discover these great books too

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Bob B, for reminding me about that interview with Moses. We did that back in early April I think, and while Moses wrote me that it was up, I forgot about it until your post here.

I was stuck with nothing to do yesterday and ended up listening to the whole thing. Usually I hate hearing myself, but I didn't think I did too badly.

So thanks for the reminder.

AuthorTHE BLACK ***'S WAR MosesSiregarIII's Avatar
    Hey there, Michael. The magic of Google Alerts led me to your blog about the podcast, which led me to here. I've been meaning to set up an account at sffworld anyway, so this gave me a good excuse.

It's nice to hear that some people enjoyed the podcast. I definitely picked up a tip or two from you.

Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    Well I got some gift cards today and was able to preorder "Percepiliquis" for my Nook. I am so happy. I have read the other five books and loved them and can't wait for this last one, although I will have to wait till Jan. I plan on buying the paper copies in omnibus form when they come out. And loaning them to many people so they will discover these great books too
    OMG - I didn't know the ebook preorder was up yet - so thanks for letting me know it exists! The kindle version doesn't seem to be "live yet" but my guess is since Nook is active it will be soon.

Thanks for letting me know Sic's mom

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    No problem. I love these books, and Jan is going to be a long time away, but at least I know I will have it the minute it comes out.

AuthorTHE BLACK ***'S WAR MosesSiregarIII's Avatar
    I think this series could do incredibly well with the Orbit editions. MJS might even end up at the front of new wave of fun, intelligent fantasy. I think he balances the best of the old and the new. I'm really excited to read the versions of Riyria that have been checked over by a major publisher.

Reviews are starting to come in...

I'm pleased to announce that the early reviews for Theft of Swords are coming in and so far so good. The book was even picked as the "Debut of the Month" by Library Journal who gave it a starred review.

“Filled with adventure and clever dialog and featuring a pair of not-quite-heroes whose loyalties to each other provide them with their greatest strength, this epic fantasy showcases the arrival of a master storyteller.” — Library Journal

“Hair-raising escapes, flashy sword fights, and faithful friendship complete the formula for good old-fashioned escapist fun.” — Publisher’s Weekly

The planning process for a blog tour is underway so if any bloggers are reading and would like to have a guest post, interview, or do a review please send an email to robin.sullivan.dc@gmail.com.

That is great news Robin. Can't wait for the new editions and the last book! Not too much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    That is great news Robin. Can't wait for the new editions and the last book! Not too much longer...
    Agree Darksbane - there is now light at the end of the tunnel! I know some people where write blogs and I'm in the process of preparing a blog tour for the November 23rd blog tour. If you would like to participate on it then please send me a private message.

For those interested, a new short story in the series is available, seems like a prequel:
    http://www.amazon.com/Viscount-Witch.../dp/B005QOIHR8
    http://www.michaelsullivan-author.com/free.html

Well these sound wonderful and I believe I have some new omnibuses to save on a to-buy list. I didn't read the whole thread - no time - but can anyone tell me if they will be available on Amazon?

Here in New Zealand it's the most reliable (and sometimes the only way) to get certain books.

Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    Well these sound wonderful and I believe I have some new omnibuses to save on a to-buy list. I didn't read the whole thread - no time - but can anyone tell me if they will be available on Amazon?

Here in New Zealand it's the most reliable (and sometimes the only way) to get certain books.
    Yeah, the pre-order pages are already live at Amazon. I keep a page on Michael's blog that has links to a whole bunch of ordering sites (40+) at present count. And you can access it here: http://riyria.blogspot.com/p/buy.html. For overseas I find that another good source is BookDepository. They offer the books at 25% off (currently) and ship for free to hundreds of countries.

Great, thank you very much for the info!

congrats to Michael Sullivan!

If I'm not mistaken, Michael Sullivan posts over here sometimes. I've just seen him mention over on Goodreads that his Riyria books have been green-lighted for audio recording, so I wanted to post a big CONGRATS to him -- and give a big notice to all my fellow audio junkies to keep an eye out for these when they come out!

I did not see a release date, unfortunately. Maybe he'll post that later!