Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrarius View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Michael Sullivan posts over here sometimes. I've just seen him mention over on Goodreads that his Riyria books have been green-lighted for audio recording, so I wanted to post a big CONGRATS to him -- and give a big notice to all my fellow audio junkies to keep an eye out for these when they come out!

I did not see a release date, unfortunately. Maybe he'll post that later!
    Hey Contrarius - thanks for the recommendation about my books. I'd love to give you more information but there's nothing much to say ... yet.

When I signed with Orbit, they wanted print, ebook, and audio rights. To be honest I thought they would "sit" on the audio rights (My thought process is that they would be expensive and they would want to take a "wait and see" approach before taking that leap.

So when I got the call recently - I was shocked and very happy as you might imagine. As I understand it the audio is actually done by a seperate part of the company. My agent is just returning from Frankfurt Book Festival and when she get's back I'll know more.

Please keep us posted. I always love to hear about the successes of authors who take the time to post on these boards.

Blog Entries
    Robin was in New York this weekend and met with my agent. She didn't have a release date for the audio books as of yet - but said that the deal was indeed finalized and they are moving ahead with it. She is going to try and get a release date but has none yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Robin was in New York this weekend and met with my agent. She didn't have a release date for the audio books as of yet - but said that the deal was indeed finalized and they are moving ahead with it. She is going to try and get a release date but has none yet.
    That's great. If you find out the narrator, I for one would love to know!

Just finished my reread of The Crown Conspiracy in Theft of Swords and it's just as good if not better than I remember it. I'm really excited for the rest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    Just finished my reread of The Crown Conspiracy in Theft of Swords and it's just as good if not better than I remember it. I'm really excited for the rest.
    That brought a smile to my face. The new version has a "new begining" (it now starts with Royce and Hadrian rather than Victor and Archie. For those that don't want to buy the new version you can read the new section for free online. Either from the facebook page or my website:

www.facebook.com/riyia
    http://www.ridanpublishing.com/riyri...s_samples.html

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    That brought a smile to my face. The new version has a "new begining" (it now starts with Royce and Hadrian rather than Victor and Archie. For those that don't want to buy the new version you can read the new section for free online. Either from the facebook page or my website:

www.facebook.com/riyia
    http://www.ridanpublishing.com/riyri...s_samples.html
    I have all the originals on my nook, and I was planning on buying these in paper form. Now you have just given me another reason

Amazon just informed me that Theft of Swords has shipped and is on its way! So much for that November 23rd release date. But trust me, I'm not complaining...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ94122 View Post
    Amazon just informed me that Theft of Swords has shipped and is on its way! So much for that November 23rd release date. But trust me, I'm not complaining...
    OMG!! Seriously? Okay everyone look away - you won't want to see this. I'm doing my happy dance.

Orbit told me that the books might hit the distribution network a few weeks before the official release date. Interestingly enough - Amazon still has the button set for "preorder" (though I guess if you buy it ships now...unless they run out .... yeah right) Barnes and Noble has their pre-order changed over to "real order" so my guess is they have stock as well.

No idea about your "local bookstore" but I'm going to make some calls in the morning.

Thanks so much for letting me know - and I hope you'll leave a review or comment back here so I know what you thought of it.

Very exciting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    I have all the originals on my nook, and I was planning on buying these in paper form. Now you have just given me another reason
    Well thanks for your support...and seriously...it's not necessary for you to have to rebuy them...unless of course it is for a friend...hmmm xmas is coming up. I've already received way more from this series (from a monetary standpoint) what I want most now is readers...people who like it and spread the word. One of the best things about being published by Orbit is the books should be readily available in libraries so people can read them for free.

Michael,

I read this series from the original six paperbacks and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the series and your original cover art. I was just wondering if you also did the artwork for the Orbit trilogy ?