Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: YA book about clones, anyone?
February 24th, 2011, 02:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
YA book about clones, anyone?
Any help in identifying the follow book would be much appreciated!
I remember reading this at least 10-11 years ago, when I was a child, but the storyline has stuck with me.
- It was fairly short, geared towards 12-14-year-olds
- The whole plot revolved around a young girl who somehow discovers that she has inherited a fatal disease.
What's more, she finds out that she's the last clone in a series of clones, and all the clones that came before her have had the same disease - a couple have already died from it, and she's in a race against time to find the cure before it kills her, too.
- I think they were cloning her to try and weed the disease out, but it kept showing up.
- The clones were named in alphabetical order. So their names began with A, B, C, etc. I think the 'D' clone was called...Danielle?
And I think the main character was the 'E' clone.
- The ending: They find a cure, but mysteriously, an 'F' clone shows up out of the blue, even though E was supposed to have been the last. Cliffhanger ending! (I never found out if there was a sequel or not)
I may be off about which letter of the alphabet the main character is, but you get the idea.
...Does this ring a bell to anyone?
Thanks in advance!
February 27th, 2011, 03:33 PM #2
Brings to mind "Where late the Sweet Birds Sing" by Kate Wilhelm, but it's 25-30 years ago I read it.