Looking for a certain type of sci-fi book

Looking for a sci-fi type book....

Read Contact, almost done with Stranger In A Strange Land.... want something else though

Any serious sci-fi book where Earthlings finally make contact with an alien race, on a different planet and then integrate into this alien society?

Something like that...

Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis trilogy is about genetic integration with aliens, but it happens on Earth in a post apocalyptic environment.

Zenna Henderson's stories of The People are about a human looking race of aliens debating the value of integration with humanity and isolationism, but that's on Earth too. Some of the stories are great, but most are repetitive.

The Mote in God's Eye by Niven/Pournelle is a classic alien contact. It is my all time favorite SF book. I didn't really care much for the sequel.

It presents a very original alien species and quite a delema for the humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mote_in_God%27s_Eye

Jim

Spin by Robert Charles Wilson, which I have read is a good modern example of the first contact novel.

I have also heard that Blindsight by Peter Watts is another good first contact novel. I haven't read it, but I plant to soon.