Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Hope it's not too late to join up. Two goals:

1) Flash fiction for feb
    2) 2 Chapters in novel (20 pages roughly;5000 words)

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    Got some writing done this week. 1,162 on Book 2 since my last word count update. Go Word Nerds!!

Also did a little work on my side projects I mentioned before, including my new idea. Still don't know if I've got anything there but it does seem very promising, especially after writing a short chapter.

I'm really surprised by the number of people who've joined up this month! Glad to have you all aboard!!

BrightStar: I noticed that not reaching my 5,000 word goal last month was a real downer for me, and it actually made me feel somewhat disheartened. So much so, in fact, that I almost wanted not to participate in this months topic.
    I hope you're not still feeling disheartened by this BrightStar. I thought you set yourself a very reasonable goal last month. However, I do understand your disappointment with yourself--happened to me in December--and it can be hard to get past. Look at it this way though: you've got a whole new month with a whole new set of goals to achieve! Plus, you've got several extra days this month than you had in February

Well so far I have completely failed to even start any of the things I said I'd do this month, but I have got three submissions sorted and sent out in the last week (two flashes and a short story) so that's sort of productive work I suppose!

Yay, got the flash fic in too. That takes me up to 37% complete!

Hello! I'd like to join in.

1. Write a 15,000 word story.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Progress post

Welcome, Hippokrene and Aether Monkey!

Looks like some of us are plodding along nicely. Sarunus, you reported a word count, but I had included you in the Trend Setters group, which means I have to convert your numbers to percent complete of your tasks. I'm just guessing at a 15% for right now. Is that accurate?

Lots of ya have signed up, lifting those heavy yokes upon your shoulders, but not too many of you are chiming in everyday. Come on, people... Crack that keyboard!

(Or pencil, for those of us who do it old-school. )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Well so far I have completely failed to even start any of the things I said I'd do this month, but I have got three submissions sorted and sent out in the last week (two flashes and a short story) so that's sort of productive work I suppose!
    That is progress! You should have included that in your goals and we could have counted it.

I think you said you need to get some re-writing done, right. Print out one page and pretend it's something someone else wrote. Then... ATTACK!

Might work?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imaster View Post
    Yay, got the flash fic in too. That takes me up to 37% complete!
    Woohoo!!

tmso: Lots of ya have signed up, lifting those heavy yokes upon your shoulders, but not too many of you are chiming in everyday. Come on, people... Crack that keyboard!
    tmso, do you really want me to be reporting every day? Remember what happened to your beautiful graphs last time I reported every day? Because, honestly gal, you're inspiring me to do it yet again. Don't know what it is about you but, if you could manage to give me a kick every six weeks or so, I think you would receive my undying gratitude. My true undying gratitude. Not just the momentary stuff I tell my coworkers they'll receive for doing something for me that I don't want to do myself.

Oh no, here we go again. The muse is talking, tmso. Talking to ME!! Seriously, tmso, whatever happens from here on out is...well, ok, not your fault because, well, fault implies it is something bad and this would be a really, REALLy good thing. But, yeah, you get the picture.

Since December I've been discovering some really good books. That and continuing series I'm already devoted to. A couple of Terry Pratchett books, Shadowbridge by Gregory Frost, the "Mortal Coils" series by Eric Nylund, others. But I'm almost done with Nylund's second, newest book in that series. I could give up the reading for a bit. The question is though, should I?

Oh, and by the way

494 words today.

Tomorrow there will be more.

Yargh! A hearty 150 words t'day!

(It feels more impressive if you say like a pirate)

830 words.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    That is progress! You should have included that in your goals and we could have counted it.
    Yeh, that would have been a good idea...

I think you said you need to get some re-writing done, right. Print out one page and pretend it's something someone else wrote. Then... ATTACK!
    Now that is a mighty fine approach to take, I think- I might just do that!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage View Post
    I could give up the reading for a bit. The question is though, should I?
    No, absolutely not!

Quote Originally Posted by Aether Monkey View Post
    Yargh! A hearty 150 words t'day!

(It feels more impressive if you say like a pirate)
    Everything sounds more impressive when said like a pirate!

Tmso - I hit the 10,000 barrier last night and celebrated with a great big f**king cigar.

Solaar
    puff puff