Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    trolling > dissertation nquixote's Avatar

Damn it, when will Martin finish TWoW?

Haha, just kiddin'.

Martin's off the hook for at least 2 years.

He's still my bitch though.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar

Talking

LOL, you beat me to it! I was just about to start a similar thread.

I can't wait for The Winds of Winter!!!!!

Do you think he might be able to get it done for this time next year??
    I certainly hope so! and I'll be pretty peeved if he doesn't, let me tell you.

It will be done much faster that ADWD. UNLESS the show tanks...then expect another 10year wait.

hehe. Well, part of the reason ADWD took so long was the whole "Meereenese knot" shindig. Hopefully he managed to solve that enough in ADWD so that TWoW won't be so grueling for him to write.

There's no reason to think that TWoW will be faster, unless you're just trying to delude yourself into optimism. GRRM has clearly lost his momentum and that is not an easy thing to get back. Also remember that a good portion of ADwD was finished by the time AFfC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    It will be done much faster that ADWD.
    Let's not forget... AFFC took 5 years as well, and when it was finished he was confident that ADWD would be much faster (his estimate was about one year). Now GRRM says he hopes to get the next books done in about 3 years each, but I'm not holding my breath...

Don't think that the TV series and him finishing the book now are coincidences. As I've said a million times, the TV series is what will get him to finish this book series. If it doesn't get canceled, the books will be finished before the series airs that season. 3years a piece sounds about right. If we are all here in 3-6years, I will say I told ya so! =)

I'm thinking 2015, and will be able to pick it up from my bookshop on my flying skateboard.

trolling > dissertation nquixote's Avatar
    Yeah, ADWD is the last book in the series, we must get used to that fact. But let's enjoy it anyway!!

Why has everyone lost so much faith in GRRM, it's not like he did anythi...oerrr never mind.

Any predictions for how long this thread will go, before TWOW is released? I'm guessing 1,000 pages.

No way. It will get locked and reborn so many times but no specific thread will make it to 1K.

I'm treating any additional books that actually get released in this series as kind of a nice surprise. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be surprised. Slightly disappointed, perhaps, but not upset.

I wonder when he'll start receiving the hate-mail for TWoW, though. No matter how quickly he finishes it, it's going to happen. Some people get way too emotionally invested in this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by krm0915 View Post
    I'm treating any additional books that actually get released in this series as kind of a nice surprise. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be surprised. Slightly disappointed, perhaps, but not upset.

I wonder when he'll start receiving the hate-mail for TWoW, though. No matter how quickly he finishes it, it's going to happen. Some people get way too emotionally invested in this stuff.
    hate to say it but I also am not holding out hope for any more books after this unless it is by another author finishing up for him. I know it has been discussed a million times and is usually frowned upon but his recent illnesses that have slowed him down have me concerned. I am in an industry that deals with this stuff alot and have seen it personally and I can only hope that he makes his personal health a higher priority and we are blessed with many more books by GRRM.

Having seed that, hopefully it was just the knot that was slowing him down and hopefully he is past that and is now on a roll.