Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 118
  1. #76
    Lord Of Mejik Vooloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    129
    so it looks like we will see the actual end of the series via a ****ing tv show.
    i feel like i will be cheated out of the ending this series deserves.
    i just dont understand why he has to take every opportunity to not write. this is the thing he will be remembered for, finish it and then revel in all the glory.
    another thing, why in hell dont his publishers put a stop to all his extra activities and let him just write in peace. hes a writer, so let him write.

  2. #77
    It's his life, he can do what he wants with it. You just need to accept it. At this point I don't believe he'll ever finish it or will finish it somewhere around 2030, so from my perspective ASOIAF is done and done. And done.

    And besides, there are no guarantees HBO will finish it either. When they reach AFFC/ADWD material they must be careful not to turn the adaptation into a cure of insomnia; successfully avoiding this titanic iceberg may bring the show to the end though.

  3. #78
    Lord Of Mejik Vooloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    129
    yea i accepted it years ago. frustration boils up once in a while.
    as for the rest of your reply lol.

    the quality of the show though, i cant see it not being finished.

    one thought i had which GRRM may have in mind for the show is a false ending, meaning the tv show ends as scheduled but then, surprise surprise, Martin finishes the book series with another book afterwards.
    just a thought George.

  4. #79
    You know. These "pro-martin" people...... Yeah, we don't control him. He can do what he wants. Obviously. But that doesn't mean we don't have freedom of speech to call him an a$5hol3 for doing it! I mean comon.

    Vooloc: What is your source for this?

  5. #80
    Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, CANADA
    Posts
    6,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Vooloc View Post
    so it looks like we will see the actual end of the series via a ****ing tv show.
    i feel like i will be cheated out of the ending this series deserves.
    i just dont understand why he has to take every opportunity to not write. this is the thing he will be remembered for, finish it and then revel in all the glory.
    another thing, why in hell dont his publishers put a stop to all his extra activities and let him just write in peace. hes a writer, so let him write.
    You're making way too many assumptions here, with no way of knowing.

    He may finish it, he may not. The HBO show may finish it, or it may not (HBO has been notorious for cancelling shows in the past, like Rome and Deadwood, and the series is going to become increasingly difficult to film as they progress).

    Bottom line, no one knows what's going to happen. So why worry about it at all? Find something else to think about.

  6. #81
    Lord Of Mejik Vooloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    129
    sorry if my idea sounded like something i had read somewhere.
    it was just an idea i had to keep everyone happy, George ends the tv show on the last book to keep the lazy people who cant be bothered reading the books, then when the show ends he has an "epilogue" book for us fans of the book series.

  7. #82
    Registered User Werthead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,645
    Interesting report on a Spanish interview with GRRM. In it he reports he has 200 pages of WINDS OF WINTER finalised (most - if not all - of them being material left over from ADWD, I would guess) and another 200 pages in varying stages of completion. He also says that 2014 is the earliest the book could be published (not that it will be published in 2014, which is the conclusion the paper seems to have reached).

    Slightly more encouraging than previous reports, which seemed to suggest no progress at all had been made since ADWD was submitted (almost 18 months ago now).

  8. #83
    "Dime Store Rock"
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Interesting report on a Spanish interview with GRRM. In it he reports he has 200 pages of WINDS OF WINTER finalised (most - if not all - of them being material left over from ADWD, I would guess) and another 200 pages in varying stages of completion. He also says that 2014 is the earliest the book could be published (not that it will be published in 2014, which is the conclusion the paper seems to have reached).

    Slightly more encouraging than previous reports, which seemed to suggest no progress at all had been made since ADWD was submitted (almost 18 months ago now).
    I do find this encouraging. It wasn't very long ago at all that he didn't have any additional material written besides ADWD leftovers. I like the 2014 date since most thoughts are we will have to wait until late 2015 or 2016. But I will not let myself get that optimistic about it until I here reports of him sitting down for a few months straight and just writing.

  9. #84
    Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,378
    After Worldcon at the start of September, GRRM has a clear schedule ahead of him till April next year. Pretty long, I hope he gets a good amount of writing done. I do find his "possibly in 2014" statement from the interview encouraging, because that is the best we were hoping for, and a date that would seem realistic provided of course that the writing goes well.

  10. #85
    Registered User Werthead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,645
    After Worldcon at the start of September, GRRM has a clear schedule ahead of him till April next year. Pretty long, I hope he gets a good amount of writing done. I do find his "possibly in 2014" statement from the interview encouraging, because that is the best we were hoping for, and a date that would seem realistic provided of course that the writing goes well.
    I think you're being more optimistic about it than I am, which must be a first

    I'm still shooting for late 2015 to early 2016. If GRRM does it before then, that'd be fine as well.

  11. #86
    Registered User OberynMartell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    I think you're being more optimistic about it than I am, which must be a first

    I'm still shooting for late 2015 to early 2016. If GRRM does it before then, that'd be fine as well.
    Ha!

    2019, and not a day before.

    You heard it here first.

  12. #87
    "Dime Store Rock"
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Vooloc View Post
    sorry if my idea sounded like something i had read somewhere.
    it was just an idea i had to keep everyone happy, George ends the tv show on the last book to keep the lazy people who cant be bothered reading the books, then when the show ends he has an "epilogue" book for us fans of the book series.
    I would love an epilogue book. I would read any book Martin writes in this universe. But I don't want him to cut off the current story without completing his original plan for it.

  13. #88
    "Dime Store Rock"
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    372
    GRRM about a week ago said that he has 1/4 of TWOW finished. He has stated in the past that TWOW and ADOS will be 1500 MS pages. So he has 375 finished pages plus whatever number of rough draft pages he has, since he didn't mention them.
    Last edited by Asimovking; April 9th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

  14. #89
    Fulgurous Moderator KatG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In a Cloud
    Posts
    12,289
    1500 ms. pages apiece or together?

  15. #90
    "Dime Store Rock"
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    1500 ms. pages apiece or together?
    1500 MS pages apiece. 1500 total would make them the two shortest books in the series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •