Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seriously though? Nobody thinks it's more than coincidence that he finishes this series right after the TV show was announced. I doubt he even started the dang thing(despite what you've heard and he's said) until the TV show. Which gives me hope that as long as the show is popular, the books will get finished! I KNOW THESE THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Any predictions for how long this thread will go, before TWOW is released? I'm guessing 1,000 pages.
    Maybe the internet will be a virtual paradise by then and we could all just hook into his brain and expirience TWOW? x)

Still, lulhard at this thread. xDD

But in all seriousness - a long, long time I'm guessing. I was so nifty coming into the series only a few years ago and finishing AFFC only last year. -thumbs up- I feel jammy. I won't last this wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    But in all seriousness - a long, long time I'm guessing. I was so nifty coming into the series only a few years ago and finishing AFFC only last year. -thumbs up- I feel jammy. I won't last this wait!
    I'm in a similar position, I read the whole series up to date recently only finishing AFFC last month, puts me in agood position with having it fresh in mind.
    I'm not too mithered about waiting however, I've done it before, its like.. um [cliche warning] meeting up with old friends

I have been putting off read AFFC until this one was announced. So, I will take it down from the shelf and dust it off now ...

Well, can I be the first to say "it's done when it's done"?

The next year are going to be very exciting, important times for Martin and his series. Martin's audience will grow substantially and, hopefully, that's going to inspire him to write.

At least, that's my guess and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Gemmell View Post
    I have been putting off read AFFC until this one was announced. So, I will take it down from the shelf and dust it off now ...
    My god man, that shows incredible restraint!!

I'll look at the first post of this thread in 6 years time and think to myself "Oh, how full of mirth we were, with ADWD just around the corner..."

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    What's funny is that the title of this thread is a joke... but it will become less and less funny as the years go by.

What's funny is that the title of this thread is a joke... but it will become less and less funny as the years go by.
    Too true. But this thread will be deleted long before then.

Because we all know the best jokes are like a kipper stuffed under the floorboards...

"Dime Store Rock"

The Winds of Winter

I looked through the threads and didn't find one about this book. Any idea when it is coming out? I will be starting A Game of Thrones (my first venture into fantasy) after I finish the current book I am reading. I have done some research on this series and it is starting to worry me that he will never finish it (he is 63 and it is taking longer and longer each book).

I read that A Dance With Dragons was originally going to be released shortly (I guess 1-2 years?) after A Feast For Crows and it ended up taking 6 years. Any word on how long The Winds of Winter will take?

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    No word on that. Martin is set to start writing the book at the start of 2012, presumably because there are so many other obligations for the rest of 2011 that he doesn't have time to start it. He explained in a blog post a while back what other stuff he still has to do:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/219080.html

His aim is to finish the last two books before the series is out. Realistically that gives him a year or two to write ADWD, to have it published in 2014. In that same year the 4th season of the tv show will run. I would say that that is the absolute latest the book has to be published in order for their to be a chance of book 7 being out in time as well.

Recent interviews with GRRM have shown however that is well aware of this pressure. Let's hope the success of ADWD as well as the praise for the series and everything it has created spurs him into a frantic endeavour..

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfânion View Post
    I would say that that is the absolute latest the book has to be published in order for their to be a chance of book 7 being out in time as well.
    I'm still a bit skeptical that 7 will get it done. I think its possible, but that the final two would be extraordinarily packed to get there.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    You must not have looked very hard. The thread for The Winds of Winter is here.

He already started Winds quite some time ago and it's filled out a bit because some parts of Dragons got moved into it. Unlike Dragon/Crow, these last two books are not about material he didn't plan to write that much about, but is more stuff he's had planned for some time. None of this guarantees that he won't run into problems or rewrite sections, but the Mereen knot is done with
    Dragons.

And Winds was included in the list of stuff he's doing. But really, why is he giving a list of the stuff he's doing at this point? He knows what that's going to do. The man has to learn to stop babbling. J.K. Rowling knew how to be quiet.