Hybrid View

Smile Trying to find a book

Hey guys, new to the forum, looks great from what I've seen so far.
    Im after a book I read a few years back, can't rememeber the title or author though.
    Its about a girl who uses cosmography to predict future events and she sees everything in numbers. Also, theres an emperor that murders people trying to find a way to live forever. Also something to do with a big 'hole' in the world.
    I know its a long shot, but yeah. It's been bugging me for a while, trying to find it to re-read.
    If anyones got any ideas as to what it could possibly be I'd really appreciate it.

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    Almost sounds like The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman. Except there's no emperor trying to kill people to find the secrets of immortality. There girl in there does have a device that uses symbols from which she is able to glean answers to questions she could not have gotten otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage View Post
    Almost sounds like The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman. Except there's no emperor trying to kill people to find the secrets of immortality. There girl in there does have a device that uses symbols from which she is able to glean answers to questions she could not have gotten otherwise.
    I'd say it sounds nothing like The Golden Compass, but I have no suggestion as to what it could be.

Not ideologically, Cheerwell. But based on the info the OP presented...yes, I think it sort of does. And no, I'm not going to argue ideology or religion in this thread or elsewhere on these forums. That is not the point of this thread or of sffworld.

It was nothing about ideology or religion, it was simply that what the OP described does not happen in the book.

I knew it wasn't exact but it was the closest thing I could think of. *shrug*

Apologies, Jiqhugao. Should have said before but welcome to the forums. Don't know what book you might be looking for but it sounds cool! Let me know if you find it. Again, welcome!

Found it! Its the Husk trilogy by Russell Kirkpatrick. Read the second book in 2008, forgotten about it since. Since the trilogies done now it's time to start from beginning again!

Awesome! Enjoy the book, it sounds pretty cool.