Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyRich View Post
    This would have a been a pretty great Western if it hadn't been for all the damn aliens getting in the way. And yeah, the gold thing is stupid, especially considering they could have done it without kidnapping humans at all. I blogged about the film here. In short, great cast let down by a bad script.
    Good review, Rich. Liked the title of the post especially!

I saw this movie with my friend on theater. Movie is dam good. In this movie i like the acting of Sam Rockwell. This movie is based on comic's story of same name.
    Last edited by PeterWilliam; September 26th, 2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spam links

Okay so what accent do we imagine AdinWilliam bot has when he speaks? Dee Lurpa at least seems to be a real person (but barely).

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Okay so what accent do we imagine AdinWilliam bot has when he speaks? Dee Lurpa at least seems to be a real person (but barely).
    Hey Jon! I typed a nifty reply to your comment but then... nah... why bother?

I found a pirate copy on the Internet.

Glad I didn't pay to see that junk.

psik

Quote Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
    I found a pirate copy on the Internet.

Glad I didn't pay to see that junk.

psik
    Wise choice.

Now I (a person but, according to some, barely) note that a comic book writer is suing the producers for copyright infringement. And his comic came out in 1994, which is well after the original 1989 screenplay.

Here's a link about it:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/cowb...itle/#comments

I was genuinely excited by the concept, which makes the finished product all the more dissappointing. I don't really know what I can say that would be constructive.

@ Dee Lurpa Dude go ahead and get defensive if you want but you have 13 posts here all in the thread you started to hype a movie you're obviously some sort of marketer for. We get your kind all the time, usually you get banned. So far you are the exception because I guess you seem to be an actual person, or maybe it's just because the real members can't be bothered to start another thread about this movie, whatever. I could be wrong, but I'd have a lot less conviction if you had posted in ANY thread but this one. It just seems odd that someone would come to this site, start a discussion about one niche movie which you are hyped about and now you're telling someone wise choice for not buying it, which makes it seem like you will say anything to keep people talking about a failed movie, which wouldn't be all that outlandish if you had anything to say about any other topic which is discussed here. If you're a genuine fan posting for the sincere purpose of discussing Cowboys and Aliens then you're one of the weirdest posters we've ever had here and I don't feel I can be blamed for mistaking you for an ad-bot.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    @ Dee Lurpa Dude go ahead and get defensive if you want but you have 13 posts here all in the thread you started to hype a movie you're obviously some sort of marketer for. We get your kind all the time, usually you get banned. So far you are the exception because I guess you seem to be an actual person, or maybe it's just because the real members can't be bothered to start another thread about this movie, whatever. I could be wrong, but I'd have a lot less conviction if you had posted in ANY thread but this one. It just seems odd that someone would come to this site, start a discussion about one niche movie which you are hyped about and now you're telling someone wise choice for not buying it, which makes it seem like you will say anything to keep people talking about a failed movie, which wouldn't be all that outlandish if you had anything to say about any other topic which is discussed here. If you're a genuine fan posting for the sincere purpose of discussing Cowboys and Aliens then you're one of the weirdest posters we've ever had here and I don't feel I can be blamed for mistaking you for an ad-bot.
    Well, last I checked I wasn't a robot but I suppose anything's possible. But your points are all well taken. I am not a marketer for the film or any other. I'll own up to being weird, however!

pragmatist

Cowboys and Aliens.

This is actually a pretty old thread, still I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I go to see most sci-fi movies. Even District 9, I was fleeced. I saw the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens and thought I have to see how Hollywood can arrange for someone on horseback to defeat a vehicle capable of inter-stellar travel. Somehow the energy levels seem more than a tad mis-matched.

I was dissapointed that the method of the aliens defeat was telegraphed in the first five minutes of the film. Anyone else think the same?

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatist View Post
    This is actually a pretty old thread, still I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I go to see most sci-fi movies. Even District 9, I was fleeced. I saw the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens and thought I have to see how Hollywood can arrange for someone on horseback to defeat a vehicle capable of inter-stellar travel. Somehow the energy levels seem more than a tad mis-matched.

I was dissapointed that the method of the aliens defeat was telegraphed in the first five minutes of the film. Anyone else think the same?
    At this point I've forgotten much of the movie... thankfully. Please refresh my memory if you'd be so kind.

dl

pragmatist
    Originally posted by Dee Lurpa.
    At this point I've forgotten much of the movie... thankfully. Please refresh my memory if you'd be so kind.
    I'm not sure refreshing your memory is a kindness in this instance but here goes....

It's a while since I saw it too, but as far as I recall it starts with the character played by Daniel Craig waking up in the desert with a device wrapped around one of his arms that is obviously some kind of advanced technology.

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatist View Post
    Originally posted by Dee Lurpa.

I'm not sure refreshing your memory is a kindness in this instance but here goes....

It's a while since I saw it too, but as far as I recall it starts with the character played by Daniel Craig waking up in the desert with a device wrapped around one of his arms that is obviously some kind of advanced technology.
    That's right, now I recall. And yes, you're of course right. They even used that shot in the trailer. Well if you've got time on your hands go to Imdb and look up the thread for this film. There's one post along lines of "100 things we learned from C&A", which actually goes on for quite more than 100. But all the plot holes are there and then some!

Good luck out there.....