Title and author driving me crazy! please help

hello all.

This is my first post here. Im posting in regards to a book I read a few years ago, the title and author have slipped my mind but it was a fantastic book and i would really like to find it again so i can enjoy it once more.

Here is a basic run down of the book as far as i can remember:

The main story revolves around a character named "felix". Felix is part of a humanoid army that wears combat suits to fight ala "robert a. Heinlein's starship trooper" very similar to trooper they fight giant ants on the ants home world.

There is a side story set several years after the main story line in which people on a distant colony come across felix's suit and tap into its memories to re-live his time in the suit. The colony then becomes under atack from a group of space criminals. felix apears as the town drunkard and puts his suit back on to save the day.

Another side note felix turns out to be the king or prince of another planet and did not want to be king. also when he puts the suit on he develops a second psychie he dubs "the engine" basically a killing machine hellbent on survival.

if anyone is familiar with this story or can set me on the right track to finding it i would be very grateful. as i said its driving me nuts trying to figure out the title

thanks for taking the time to read my post

cndscifi

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Steakley's Armor?

Wikipedia LINK: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Armor_%28novel%29

Has a character called Felix.

Mark
    Last edited by Hobbit; March 13th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Mark

you sir have saved my sanity! now to search the used book stores in town!! many thanks.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pleased to help: hope you enjoy the book!

Mark
    Mark