Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    From what I understand the second book Hexed is a bit better than Hounded, but it's Hammered where the series seems to really take off. So looking forward to that as it seems like it'll deal heavily with Thor.

How did you find out about that? Only Hounded has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWraith View Post
    How did you find out about that? Only Hounded has been released.
    Well people who have access to advanced reading material, like Mihir (Hyperstorm) here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
    Well people who have access to advanced reading material, like Mihir (Hyperstorm) here.
    Hmm...any way to get connected to a spring of early fantasy goodness?

I started Hounded this morning and I'm a few chapters into it, I like it thus far. I've already got Hexed so perhaps I'll jump right into it once I finish the first book.

I finished Hounded on Friday and really enjoyed it, one of the best debuts I've read in a while. Compelling, humorous and entertaining. Hearne does a superb job with the human-canine relationship to the point I think he might really know how to communicate with dogs.

Triplicate post!

I finished Hexed on Tuesday and thoroughly enjoyed it, bring on Hammered! Reviews for both books to be posted in the coming weeks.

Here's Mihir's review for Hexed in the meantime:
    http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.co...-by-mihir.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Triplicate post!

I finished Hexed on Tuesday and thoroughly enjoyed it, bring on Hammered!
    This entire series has a lot of inter-connectivity between volumes and so it was great to see the back-to-back releases. As once you begin HOUNDED, you are hooked onto the world and with the climax you want to know what happens next.

With HEXED, there's only much more of the same and with seeds of HAMMERED being planted, HAMMERED is the best amongst the three so far and with the author having planned three more books. This series is definitely one for keeps.

Mihir

Great news for all fans of Atticus and Oberon, Del Rey has just bought books 4,5 & 6 titled Tricked, Traapped & Hunted

This is really good to read as the way HAMMERED ends you will want to read TRICKED asap. KH has given a tentative 2012 Summer date but this is very much in the air as he's only about 50% done with the first draft.

Also The Iron Druid Chronicles are also going to be released in the UK by Orbit. They are following a similar release schedule as the one seen in the US beginning from September, currently it's unknown whether the books will get any new covers.

KH also has plans for the IDC books beyond number 6 but that's a different topic

Mihir

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm View Post
    Great news for all fans of Atticus and Oberon, Del Rey has just bought books 4,5 & 6 titled Tricked, Traapped & Hunted

This is really good to read as the way HAMMERED ends you will want to read TRICKED asap. KH has given a tentative 2012 Summer date but this is very much in the air as he's only about 50% done with the first draft.

Also The Iron Druid Chronicles are also going to be released in the UK by Orbit. They are following a similar release schedule as the one seen in the US beginning from September, currently it's unknown whether the books will get any new covers.

KH also has plans for the IDC books beyond number 6 but that's a different topic

Mihir
    I see you have access to some ARCs too, eh? :P

Glad to hear the news. I just wish the books were a bit longer...I finished Hexed in about 2-3 hours the day after its release.

Hi Laserwraith

Yeah you could say I got lucky in that regard, however I got bound galleys as they did not do ARC for this series except for HOUNDED.

I felt the book lenght was appropriate, too long and the tale would lose its steam and too short would mean that the clues for the future books wouldn't be planted.

I think as with the Dresden files, Books 4,5,6 might be longer. I'll try to confirm that from KH though in the near future.

Mihir

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm View Post
    Hi Laserwraith

Yeah you could say I got lucky in that regard, however I got bound galleys as they did not do ARC for this series except for HOUNDED.

I felt the book lenght was appropriate, too long and the tale would lose its steam and too short would mean that the clues for the future books wouldn't be planted.

I think as with the Dresden files, Books 4,5,6 might be longer. I'll try to confirm that from KH though in the near future.

Mihir
    I'm confused about the difference between ARCs and galleys. Could you elaborate a bit? Thanks.

Hmm. I guess I just like to "submerged" in a book longer than most. Maybe I read fiction books too fast.

I'm confused about the difference between ARCs and galleys. Could you elaborate a bit? Thanks.
    I'm sure the more experienced bloggers can chime in over here but this site helps with a resonable explanation, its also easier to understand visually as both are different looking. ARCs usually have ARC printed on them as well.

Hmm. I guess I just like to "submerged" in a book longer than most. Maybe I read fiction books too fast.
    Understandable, I got the first 2 books, read them back to back and then had to wait a bit before I got the 3rd one, re-read the first 2 before jumping into the third. I get the "submerged" feeling that you talk about, I think its because of me getting to read them so promptly I didn't get the "short book" feel. But they are that good a find in the cluttered UF field.

Mihir

Unlike some here, I was not bowled over by Hounded. I thought it read a lot like a first novel, which is of course understandable. Nonetheless it was a fun read, and I do plan on reading at least the next in the series -- in fact, I've already purchased it. I'm hoping that, like many first authors, he will have improved his craft with the next one.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    I just finished "Hounded" yesterday and will be starting "Hexed" later today. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next two. Glad to see he will be coming out with more. I really like Atticus and the Druid angle, but I can tell Oberon is going to be a favorite secondary character. When I was done with "Hounded" all I could think of was how much I liked it and how much it reminded me of Harry Dresden Files. And since I love Harry that is a good thing. I have been telling all my friends to read this. Looking forward to more.