Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watch the first 15 minutes of Game of Thrones (tv show).

My anticipation for this show just hit 11. this preview was incredible. cant wait, only two more weeks till this kicks off!

http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/...ones&view=null

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    I'm trying to avoid this preview (seen too many trailers already)... but it's hard!

I'll wait.

That was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    I'm trying to avoid this preview (seen too many trailers already)... but it's hard!
    Dude go watch it. Seriously I know you and it will make your freakin night. If I liked it (grumbles about The Others) you will absolutely love it. It's only 15 minutes.

Go watch it

Alright. That was pretty great. Not perfect if I wanted to nitpick but I don't, because who cares. It was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    Dude go watch it. Seriously I know you and it will make your freakin night. If I liked it (grumbles about The Others) you will absolutely love it. It's only 15 minutes.

Go watch it
    Not only that but it's the first 15 minutes, so it isn't like you are spoiling anything. It's the exact same 15 minutes you start with when the show actually comes out.

As I wrote in the other thread, though it was still enjoyable I didn't much like the changes they made to the prologue.

I mean, was there really any actual reason it needed to be changed? I can envision the sequence in my mind and I think the actual way GRRM wrote it is more gripping than what they did. And the Others seemed more bad-horror-film than anything else.

Too early to judge, but I'm kind of iffy on it. At least the part with the Starks was well done

I hope it's not a stupid question, but is the show an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
    I hope it's not a stupid question, but is the show an hour?
    First episode will be 62 minutes. The rest will probably vary each week, but HBO shows are usually somewhere between 50-55 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sdelu View Post
    As I wrote in the other thread, though it was still enjoyable I didn't much like the changes they made to the prologue.

I mean, was there really any actual reason it needed to be changed? I can envision the sequence in my mind and I think the actual way GRRM wrote it is more gripping than what they did. And the Others seemed more bad-horror-film than anything else.

Too early to judge, but I'm kind of iffy on it. At least the part with the Starks was well done
    I'm sure they had a reason, it just might to be apparent to most viewers. And can you honestly say the book would have been worse if Wil was the deserter?

Quote Originally Posted by End Of Disc One View Post
    I'm sure they had a reason, it just might to be apparent to most viewers. And can you honestly say the book would have been worse if Wil was the deserter?
    I'm not talking better or worse, really. I'm just curious why they changed it at all. I thought it was pretty suspenseful the way he wrote it. Wil coming down and dead Royce standing up behind him with the sword shard in his eye? Awesome!

Maybe the writers/directors/whoever thought they'd have a hard time hooking people without the mangled bodies, the never-happened decapitation-and-head-toss, and the young lad who faced his death like a man...

And for the sake of canon, would an Other EVER let someone run from them? Gared only got away because he wasn't there.

Just for clarification, I liked it and I'll watch it, I'm just a little baffled by the unnecessary (so far as we know for now) changes.

And yes, I'm nitpicking. It's my right as an anonymous forum user

They changes were fairly minor and probably made in the interest of saving time. I guess my biggest problem was probably the head toss and letting Will get away. But if you throw a sword fight in there it adds more time. They have alot to fit into 10 episodes.

I cracked, and watched it tonight.

LOVED IT! Oh man... the production values were better than I hoped. The prologue was intensely creepy. Sean Bean RULES. Arya is PERFECT. The scenery around Winterfell was GORGEOUS (even if there was no snow). Overall I was very impressed with everything I saw, and can't wait for the show to begin.

Having followed the production for almost 2 years, I've already read online debates for dozens of controversies and nitpicks over every single trailer and photo that has been released so far. At this point, I'm sick of it and really have no interest in hearing any more nitpicking. I've already accepted the inevitable changes, and am going to enjoy the show for what it is.

It is a shame, though, that we weren't able to get the full 12 episodes they were hoping for. I think the thing I'll miss most is certain bits of dialogue that will be cut or compressed. For instance, the execution scene was missing my all time favourite Ned Stark quote: "If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you can not do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die. [...] A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."

There will be opportunity for him to revisit that dialogue later on perhaps.