Joe Abercrombie filming an interview with George R R Martin in LA today.

From Joe's blog (http://www.joeabercrombie.com/2011/0...f-thrones-etc/

"So hereís an exciting thing. For me, anyway. And possibly even for you if youíre a lover of gritty fantasy literature (which you probably are, given that youíre here). Iím flying out to LA on Thursday morning to interview George RR Martin for a Sky Books Special. I know! Your favourite grandmaster of edgy fantasy in televisual conversation with . . . some British guy. Apparently they were looking for a fantasy author with a following in the UK who was a big fan of A Game of Thrones and its sequels. They canít have come up with one of those at short notice because theyíve ended up with me. Anyway, itíll be a half hour interview with questions ranging from Martinís influences, aims and process, via his latest book A Dance With Dragons, to his input into and opinions on the forthcoming TV series, peppered, no doubt, with hilarious badinage, huge mutual respect, and pitiable and transparent attempts by me to steer the conversation towards my own work.

Iím told The George RR Martin Book Show Special will be airing first on Sky Atlantic on April 18th, 8.30pm, directly before the premiere of Game of Thrones at 9.00. Itíll later be repeated on Sky Arts 1 and 2 though Iíve no times for that right now.

Neat, huh?"

With regards to the nature of the interview Joe states - "Scripted, but Iíve had a fair bit of input, and Iím sure everyone hopes it will become a fascinating informal chat studded with moments of unanticipated humour and wisdom. But you canít rely on that. Especially when talking to me."

To the mods - if this is not worthy of a new thread please feel free to delete, as i'm a noob, and i'm not sure how things work around here (I have read the forum guidelines now though).

As a side note, i've just discovered Joe's blog today, and have happily found it contains the same droll sense of humour and insightful wit found in his books, and in his posts on here, yay!

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    The thread is great, but it will probably be moved to the GRRM sub-forums (there is even a subforum for the TV show).

I'm definitely looking forward to this interview! One of my favourite authors interviewing another of my favourite authors? Yes please!

Is this interview posted anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Is this interview posted anywhere?
    It'll air on Sky Atlantic in the UK on Monday at 8.30pm, just before GoT Episode 1 airs.

I don't know if Sky will release it online afterwards, but I expect it will be 'available' in some fashion.

Nice thanks Wert. My posts will be a bit short this morning since my new daughter is occupying my left arm.

Was this interview ever posted anywhere?

If you're in the UK and you have Sky, then you can watch it on Sky's website. If not, then no.

Joe does talk about doing the interview here though.

And to be honest the interview is not hugely revelatory. GRRM talks about the problems he had with Book 5, his goal with creating more realistic characters for the series and so on. Nothing new or major there.

No, but it was still worth it to hear the screams of jealousy...

I won't explain why, but Joe does something that made me laugh rather loudly.

Joe Abercrombie interviews George R.R. Martin on-camera. Part 1 and Part 2. Grab 'em before Sky gets them taken down :-D

Does this interview still exist on the internet? I would very much like to see it.

No, Sky had it taken off YouTube and I can't find any trace of it. You may still be able to access it on their website if you have a UK Sky account, but that's about it.