Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Good Ole Days

Just a bit of fun.

Probably minus the fun, though...

Not a great add, eh?

I am just looking to write a little fun fantasy story with you guys. You make the world, characters, enemies, plot, relasionships, magic system, etc.

I'm only going to give you one sentence for background: It's a medievil-based world. We begin in one country - Knights and Nobles, y'know? - but heck, we might go to another, a more asian culture, or Middle Eastern, etc.

There are two rules.

Maximum of ten sentences per post.

No portal-fantasy. It makes me ill. No sneakily slipping in portals either, through magic, voids, mirrors, black holes, explosions, alchemy, MEGASUPERDEMONS or DUST. Thanks.

I feel classic and I hope to cater to other people... feeling classic.

1CoolNerd The Lord of all Things Inane's Avatar
    The Giant Macro-Super Demon slipped through a black hole quasar magic portal using the Dust of Infinity.

Just kidding. Sounds like a cool idea, sort of King Arthur-ish? A little more back ground, parameters, like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord of all Things Inane View Post
    The Giant Macro-Super Demon slipped through a black hole quasar magic portal using the Dust of Infinity.

Just kidding. Sounds like a cool idea, sort of King Arthur-ish? A little more back ground, parameters, like.
    -Shakes fist-

Few... Yes, like King Arthur I suppose. I'm trying to hold back from giving any kind of overview because I hoped we could create loations, characters and relasionships as we went along. But okay, I'll start.

---

The road stretched out before him as one may stretch a carpet before Royalty. That thought cheered him a little, yes, he would have to pretend it was his road, all his. It would make the long walk to Hucken somehow easier.

The bandits had left him with the clothes on his back, thankfully. It was odd how all the fancy moves and witty words he could have reigned down upon them only entered his head when they were miles in the other direction. They had taken his horse, his coin purse, his blankets, and his traveling bag. Even if he reached the small town, he had no way to pay for a room, and he knew no one there.

Nor could anyone know him, or they would send him right back to his Lord. He would face the penalty for his dessertion.

Tahl stopped to rub his blistered feet and pondered his precarious position. How could this have happened? A fortnight ago he was first advisor to the most powerful Duke in Loimir. At least he had his coin back. Two nights prior he came upon the bandits who had stripped him of his last shred of dignity. During their first encounter he was caught unaware. This time however the advantage was his as the bandits stumbled about drunk and rutting with the local harlots. Tahl quickly summoned Kieth and whispered words of power as he drew the rune bow and fired. A hundred arrows flew with frightening speed and detonated on impact. Moments later the bandits lay sprawled across the ground. What was left of them that is. Tahl quickly retrieved his coin purse and a bit of his pride.

--------

Sorry twelve sentences!!
    Last edited by 3rdI; December 3rd, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

So, all was not lost. Tahl had regained his meager possessions, but now had the additional problem of the City Watch searching the high roads for him. Never mind that he had killed oathbreakers and outlaws, only that the local sheriff had lost face by allowing such a wanton massacre to occur under in his county.

He once again rubbed his feet and contemplated the journey ahead of him. With the main roads denied him, the only option was the fringes of wilderness and all the dangers that accompanied it. There had been scattered rumours of were-beasts in the forests, and a quick glance overhead revealed that the moon was full and bright. It was not a night to brave the canopy-darkened hunting trails, but these were times of circumstance and not choice. With a weary sigh, Tahl pulled himself to his feet and vanished into the shadows.

As his feet crumpled leaves he felt a cold breeze against his shoulder. He flinched, despite having felt it a thousand times over since he was a small boy.

Kieth's voice was around him like an echo, like the wind itself. "Are you afraid of me once more?" He sounded amused.

"Hardly." Tahl grumbled. He had, at one time, been afraid of the Demon - if a demon was what Kieth was - but he had a bond to him, which meant every day of his life had been with Kieth now. He found it difficult to fear him once he learned he could control him. "Your arrows are all very well, but why can't you be useful? Can't you shapeshift?"

"Might be."

"A horse would be helpful."

"I would prefer to see you take these trails and be ripped limb from limb, sire." The demon rasped the word 'sire' with clear patronization, though he had no choice. His bond was to obey the young Advisor, however much he hated doing so.

--

Ahh well. xD Such a rebel.
    Last edited by Luya Sevrein; December 3rd, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Duke Syat Methos of Loimir was in a foul mood. Three weeks and no sign of Tahl. The Duke's men scoured the land only to find the remains of some worthless rabble. Tahl must be found. The story of desertion quieted the other Dukes but every moment Tahl was alive was a threat to his plans. Summoners were a thing of myth. No summoner had been found in over 500 years. To think such power sat right next to him! Only Syat knew the true extent of Tahl's gift. Such power should not belong to a mere advisor and Syat would have it no matter what the cost.
    Last edited by 3rdI; December 5th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

The click of loosening wood echoed through the room. There was only one who would enter his chamber without knocking, and that was not his wife, but rather Lorne, her red hair trailing behind her with her skirts. Her mood was none better than his own.

"No sign of him yet, then? Terrible shame." She mused, speaking far too quickly and with a dry hope rather than concern.

"I am in no mood, Lorne." The Duke stated. He did not turn from the window, where he had been sat watching for nothing in particular.

Lorne had once been a Court Mage, a feared one in fact, honoured by every tutor she had ever had and destined for the position of Oracle, the sole person who whispered secrets into a King's ear. However, she had given it up for the Duke as his 'plans' showed more... ambition. She had wanted to help him, and he... he had chosen Tahl over her. Oh, she was in fashion, until they had to go and find a bloody summoner of all things.

"I hope that bloody demon of his torched him." She smiled. "Not that I'm bitter. No.. Of course not. Though, I have right to be - I have more power than him in-"

"When you are in my prescence you will speak like a Lady. If I am to have you held at my court, dressed, bathed, you will do me that small honour." His words were stern, and he finally turned. "What is it you want, Lorne?"

--

Oops... Lots more. I'm just into it. =[

From his hidden vantage point Tahl sat quietly, observing the mysterious old man mumble to himself as he returned from the river. That the man was crazy there was no doubt. What he was doing in the middle of the Bonewood Forest was another matter. To wander the Bonewood with company was dangerous. To travel through this ancient wilderness alone was suicide. But what other choice did he have? Three altercations with the Diriit-Tu, the Dukes trained assassins, had forced this mad dash into nowhere. Even more curious was how he managed to survive these encounters. The Diriit-Tu never missed a target. The Duke wanted him back that much was clear.

"Are you going to sit there all day young fool?" a voice whispered.

Tahl jumped and turned to see the disheveled old man starting down at him.
    Last edited by 3rdI; December 8th, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Tahl nearly stumbled as he tried to get to his feet, backing away from the half-shadowed figure. "How did you get there-? You were.." He looked back to the river, but sure enough no one and nothing was there. He had gotten caught up in his thoughts again.

"It's all in the perception, my foolish friend." The old man gave a gap-toothed chuckle, then, quick as anything, his face was blank again.

Tahl raised a brow. "I am the fool, am I? Traveling the Bonewood alone? What would make a man do that?"

In answer, the old man looked left and right and simply gestured at them. Tahl could not argue, he was alone too. He opened his mouth to speak but the man spoke for him. "This is my home. Many men freely wonder their home."
    Last edited by Luya Sevrein; December 10th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.

You know, leaving your readers in suspense is down right awful!! Get makin' with the tale telling!! Whhhipppiiisshhh! That was me cracking an imaginary bull whip over your heads. This story is coming along great.

You know, leaving your readers in suspense is down right awful!! Get makin' with the tale telling!! Whhhipppiiisshhh! That was me cracking an imaginary bull whip over your heads. This story is coming along great.
    Owww!!

It's Third's fault. T_T

You know, you could just join in! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    Owww!!

It's Third's fault. T_T

You know, you could just join in! xD
    I could, but I am not as good a writer as you two are. You all are painting a beautiful picture. I just throw paint at the canvas and take what I get. Thank you for inviting me, though. I will follow the adventures of Tahl and Company until the very end. Luya and Third 3y3 rock!!!!!!

I could, but I am not as good a writer as you two are. You all are painting a beautiful picture. I just throw paint at the canvas and take what I get. Thank you for inviting me, though. I will follow the adventures of Tahl and Company until the very end. Luya and Third 3y3 rock!!!!!!
    Aww, that's kind. You're not being sarcastic, right..? I can never tell...

But it's for anyone to join in, if they like. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    Aww, that's kind. You're not being sarcastic, right..? I can never tell...

But it's for anyone to join in, if they like. x)
    No sarcasm here, kiddo. I do not have the attention span for sarcasm! Plus, I think sarcasm is a refuge of the weak minded. I am more of a "wear my heart on my sleeve and be ruled by my emotions" kind of guy. My wife says I need to be more slick and sly, but I lack the necessary tact. So, with NO sarcasm or any other kind of poo poo, I really like what you two are writing, and will continue to read along!