Some magic and sorcery series

I've been looking for a while for some series to spend my time with but it's hard since the parameters are quite a few and i seek your help now.

The thing is i want the protagonist to be a male . I have nothing against women in real life but the utmost respect and "adoration" but when it comes to literature i want to feel what he feels, see what he sees, love what he loves . Doing this from a womans perspective will only create doubts of my own sexuality

I'm content with any kind of fantasy - urban, classic, etc - but i do not wish it to be angsty . I cannot tolerate rape or series with too many points of view like ASOIAF .

Romance. I love romance in books . It's what gives the protagonist a realistic purpose . Sure save the trees, save the been, save the wales, save those snails - save the world, is ok but i love romance. And i love romance that developes or is already developed. Not the kind for 10 years old where the romance is a smile, a lovely look and they live happily ever after in the epilogue . I mean the one like Codex Alera, Sword Dancer, Dresden Files, Inda, The Circle Trilogy or The Seventh Sword.

The longer the series the better. Once i get attached to it gets hard to let it go.

I'd prefer a strong male protagonist. He can be strong as a warrior, or strong as a wizard or strong as a tactician but definetly something that sets him apart and gives him power . I've read quite a bit of kitchen boys becoming titans and i'm ok with that too as long as the point where their power shows is not in a 2nd or 3rd book.

Quite the wall of text but a man can hope right?

kingkiller chronicles by patrick rothfuss maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by assasin View Post
    kingkiller chronicles by patrick rothfuss maybe?
    Yes, definitely. I seriously love Rothfuss.

Also how about Sanderson's The Alloy of Law? I'd recommend his Mistborn series but the protagonist in those is female. But AoL is a strong male lead character and it'd probably be right up your alley.

Lastly I'd recommend R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy. Drizzt Do'Urden is pretty much the only POV character, if I remember correctly, and it's quite a readable adventure.

These threads should give you some good suggestions:

Modern Sword & Sorcery

Sword, Sorcery, Likes, Dislikes and Recommendations

Deleted, because I didn't realize you had already read it. My bad.
    Last edited by Carlyle Clark; April 4th, 2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Boo Boo

Unreasonable reasoner
    Farseer and Tawny Man Trilogies by Robin Hobb.

Fitz might not be quite as powerful as what you're looking for, but he's one of the most compelling male protagonists I've read.

Carol Berg's "Rai Kirah" trilogy might work, though the first book isn't strong on the romance aspect, I can't speak to how the rest of the series plays out.