Hybrid View

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar

HBO's Game of Thrones (EXTREME-SPOILER THREAD!--SPOILERS FOR ALL ASOIAF BOOKS!!!))

This thread is intended for people who HAVE read ALL the books, and will contain !!!MAJOR SPOILERS!!!. I'd suggest using spoiler tags for anything past Book 1, but still... you've been warned!

Characters, storylines, twists, plotpoints, everything is up for discussion.

Episode 1 ("Winter is Coming") airs this Sunday, April 17.

(For the NON-SPOILER THREAD, CLICK HERE).
    Last edited by Evil Agent; April 23rd, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

It is cool to see you so stoked dude. Same way I felt when The Wise Man's Fear was released. Where would this rate on the Tool coming to town scale?

Looking forward to the first episode. Let the Game begin

Where would this rate on the Tool coming to town scale?
    I'd still skip the premiere of this, to go see a Tool show (best band ever)...

However, I have seen Tool 8 times and I've never seen this show before.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the premiere in two days. Gonna have a little premiere party (with roasted lamb and lemon cakes!). Too bad my Game of Thrones beer steins haven't arrived yet.

Oh, and from what I've heard, the first 3 episodes are the slowest (before things really start to take off). So, pretty much like all other HBO dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    I'd still skip the premiere of this, to go see a Tool show (best band ever)...

However, I have seen Tool 8 times and I've never seen this show before.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the premiere in two days. Gonna have a little premiere party (with roasted lamb and lemon cakes!). Too bad my Game of Thrones beer steins haven't arrived yet.
    I love Tool, but Coheed and Cambria is my favorite band. (All their songs form a giant, epic science fiction story. It's just natural that I'd fall in love with them!) I have a concert of theirs to go to on the 29th, and I deliberately scheduled it after the premiere so I didn't have to miss it. As you said, I've seen Coheed several times. This is the first and only series premiere of Game of Thrones and I've gotta be there for it.

I'm having a premiere party myself but no lemon cakes, alas. We're ordering pizza...

Blog Entries
    You guys are so lucky to have friends who are excited about the show. If I invited people over for a premiere party, which I think is awesome by the way, I would get verbally thrashed for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spears&Buckler View Post
    You guys are so lucky to have friends who are excited about the show. If I invited people over for a premiere party, which I think is awesome by the way, I would get verbally thrashed for weeks!
    I was all alone for 10 years. Somehow, I suddenly got 5 people to read the books in the last couple of months!