Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    ...but I expect less time to be given to Dany and Jon. They don't do all that much (until the end, anyway).
    I dispute this, ser! I'm re-reading ACoK now - and Dany is in Qarth, meeting all kinds of weirdness and intrigue, having already crossed the desert and found that dead city whose name escapes me. Jon is at the Fist of the First Men with his comrades, about to have a rather tricky time IIRC. Surely these need to be in the next season? Both scenarios are highly visually interesting, and Qarth in particular would give the already stellar design team on the show the chance to really spread their wings. MOAR Dany and Jon, I say - especially as they've become two of my absolute favourite characters, more so since watching the show.

How hard did you guys scoff when Theon pledged his eternal loyalty to Rob? I was watching with people who haven't read the books so I had to supress myself lest I give anything away.

Just for those who care: The soundtrack's out. Physical releases and iTunes has the download version. Oddly, it's not on Amazon UK.

I bought the iTunes version, and it's OK.

I don't think I'll be buying that. Over 10 episodes I thought there were maybe 3 minutes of memorable music (and that includes the opening theme). To be a little more detailed about it: I thought the music was pretty unremarkable throughout with nothing really thematic, just rehashes of the title theme in different orchestrations or stock tension or battle or tender music filling in when needed. It's certainly nothing I'd be willing to spend money on.

I agree, Erf. Not listened to it fully yet, but I doubt it'll be any use beyond good background music and the theme song.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Disagree. I got the soundtrack, and I really like it! Obviously it's nowhere near the level of something like LOTR, but it's got lots of good tracks. It also goes well in the background while re-reading the books.

I have to agree with Erfael. I listened to some of the OST and I have to say most of it is terribly generic.

I've just stumbled onto this on YouTube - theme tune on violin(s). I think it's quite superb.

Sadly, as others have said above, I can't remember one bit of the show's music beyond that epic theme music. Oh well, they had to get SOMETHING wrong, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kged View Post
    Sadly, as others have said above, I can't remember one bit of the show's music beyond that epic theme music. Oh well, they had to get SOMETHING wrong, I suppose.
    I still disagree with this. After watching the show, I could already hum at least 3 or 4 different melodies from the show (the opening theme, the sad/grief theme, the King's Landing theme). Now that I've listened to the CD, those themes are even more prominent and stuck in my head.

Season 2 starts tomorrow!

Let the spoilerific discussion begin!

I'm INCREDIBLY excited to see Stannis, Davos, and Brienne.

So be it!!

Right now I can think of one major concern, Natalie Dormer is like twice as old as Margaery from the books... wont it be really weird when she weds Tommen, or even Joffrey for that matter?
    Last edited by paulprithu; April 1st, 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Bran is going to be the biggest problem. He is going to look like a man by the later seasons, when he should still be a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by teahupoo View Post
    Bran is going to be the biggest problem. He is going to look like a man by the later seasons, when he should still be a boy.
    That is very true for all the child actors. But I am sure the producers have considered it. Hence they have something up their sleeves.

OK, going RIGHT back to the start - having finally had the time to watch my new s1 DVDs over the weekend, I was reminded of the weird pattern the bodies of the slaughtered wildlings were put into in the opening sequence. Did anyone ever figure that out, or has anyone heard any convincing theories? Watching the whole season over a couple of days did lead me to leap to one conclusion - the aerial shot of Drogo's pyre showed the fire making a pattern which reminded me of the one beyond the Wall, and I thought I was onto something, but when I looked at it again I was less than convinced. Anyone else got any ideas about what the Others were doing?