Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Signs are good: How about the Television Critics' Association's annual awards?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...minations.html

That's the CRITICS.... so if they like it, and we like it....

*fingers crossed*

Mark
    Right on A number of actors on the show deserve nominations but Dinklage is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kged View Post
    No, that's not it - I *think* it involves guy riding in a helicopter. Maybe Gladiator is a reference to that scene, too (whatever it bloody is). Thanks anyway Rob.

On a night of links, this one is unreservedly recommended: Oh, I wish!
    LOL love it! Thanks kged.

Gotta give props to the kid playing Joffrey. He is really doing a good job. When a villain/antagonist evokes an strong response they are getting it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    I want to see this show.

ROFL! Now that would make a great T-Shirt. I would buy that T-Shirt. That is wallpaper worthy. Good stuff dude.

On the real I am really happy the show has turned out to so well. It reconnected me with the books. It has presented fantasy to a much wider audience and has done the genre proud. No matter what happens with the rest of the series, books or show, everyone involved should be extremely proud. GOT has exceeding all expectation.
    Last edited by 3rdI; June 15th, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdI View Post
    LOL love it! Thanks kged.

Gotta give props to the kid playing Joffrey. He is really doing a good job. When a villain/antagonist evokes an strong response they are getting it right.
    lol he doesn't even have to say anything. even in that first episode i already hated him just by the look on his face. not that he isn't doing a great job all the same.

that audition would have been hilarious. their basic criteria was "get a kid who looks like an asshole"

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You know, I can see 'Impslapped' taking off as a phrase....

Mark
    Mark

Was Tyrion knocked out like that in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    No, he fought in the battle (which I always found a bit ridiculous).

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    No, he goes into the battle and actually manages to rather clumsily and luckily kill a few people.

I imagine they've been cutting back on the scale of the battles in order to save money for the birth of the dragons. That's the big leap right there from the relatively grounded-in-reality show it's been to outright magic, and if the FX on those dragons look dodgy, they risk turning people off. So most likely -- and hopefully -- a good chunk of the FX budget has gone towards nailing that moment.

Coke Abuser
    I haven't read the book(s), but this series has grown on me.

As long as they keep the sex down to a bare minimum.

And I now have a new background.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1985 View Post
    I haven't read the book(s), but this series has grown on me.

As long as they keep the sex down to a bare minimum.

And I now have a new background.
    Haven't read the book and in this thread?! You're crazy. Get out before it's too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    You know, I can see 'Impslapped' taking off as a phrase....

Mark
    "You've just been impslapped".

It is quite catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by kged View Post
    No, that's not it - I *think* it involves guy riding in a helicopter. Maybe Gladiator is a reference to that scene, too (whatever it bloody is). Thanks anyway Rob.

On a night of links, this one is unreservedly recommended: Oh, I wish!
    Do you mean Black Hawk Down?

No, haven't seen that one...the movie I'm struggling to remember has (I *think*) a character who dreams of flying, and ends up on one of those stretchers on the outside of a helicopter. Damn it, this is annoying me. And it's my last post on the subject, because off-topic bad.

As for the gathering critical praise for the show as we approach awards season, I wonder how that New York Times writer who slaughtered the show after ep1 is feeling now? Will there perhaps be a rethink?

tyrion and bronn are now my favourite characters of this show.

also, OMG, IT'S BRONN! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKyL...eature=related

Kinda' thought that I'd be miffed to have a lack of battle scenes, but I liked it. The Whispering Wood could have been more fun - lots of sneaking around and such, but meh, it wasn't described in the book so. Hopefully, with everything going so well we'll have a bigger budget for season two.

Shae kind of annoyed me. I don't remember her being so free with words. Maybe a bit, but I don't get why Tyrion wouldn't have slapped her down by now. Knowing what she is and what happens to her though, I don't care. >D

I really love the Dany stuff, I'm looking forward to the end. All though it really did seem like Mirri doesn't mean to be doing any of the things she's done and that the baby will only die because Jorah took her back in... Which makes Dany's killing of her less... vengeancey. But maybe she'll explain...

As for Ned's death... QAQ I didn't think I could feel sad again at that, but I did. Maisie acted so well, Sean... Oh Sean... I'll miss you. QAQ

Oh screw it, I just want episode 10 now.