Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    Don't worry about it, by the way, beniowa. I didn't mean it in a grumpy way. xD

Oh, and it doesn't matter if they go cast someone else as Jaqen. They might cast someone else as the Alchemist/person Jaqen becomes, too. He's changable. Depends how they plan to do it.

Love the gif. xD

Speaking of Lewin, I love Lewin. I loved his scene teaching Bran the Noble houses. He's so... that teacher who works you and works you and doesn't take any shiz.

Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    LOL, I think the arguments for Syrio being Jaqen are pretty weak.
    I agree. I just re-read that part last night, an Arya POV, relating her first conversation with Jaqen. His face is described thoroughly, and if he was Syrio, Arya would have recognized him.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntiePam View Post
    I agree. I just re-read that part last night, an Arya POV, relating her first conversation with Jaqen. His face is described thoroughly, and if he was Syrio, Arya would have recognized him.
    I think you completely missed the point. Jaqen is a faceless man. He "can change his face as easily as another man changes hats"..I think was the quote. They are both oddly connected to Arya. They are both about the same size/stature. Both deadly with sword/weapon. There's no direct evidence, it would just be a cool plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    I think you completely missed the point. Jaqen is a faceless man. He "can change his face as easily as another man changes hats"..I think was the quote. They are both oddly connected to Arya. They are both about the same size/stature. Both deadly with sword/weapon. There's no direct evidence, it would just be a cool plot twist.
    D'oh! Sorry. ::sheepish:: I've read the books but have forgotten just about everything except the high points.

I'm kind of surprised they decided not to put Lord Karstark in the series...the tension between him and Robb over Jaime- culminating in his eventual beheading- is one of the greatest strains to Robb's kingship. As well it is the beginning of the end for his reign, as he loses one of his most faithful allies. Maybe they'll put him in season 2, but it just seems like a bizarre choice to me.

Anyway, that aside, my impression after season 1 is still pretty awesome. Overall, they're doing a great job with this series.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Margaery Tyrell has been cast for Season 2. Check out casting news and speculation in this thread.

Both Syrio and Jaqen protect and teach Arya, and Jaqen can change his face, so I understand why some people speculate that Syrio was actually a persona of Jaqen's. But there really isn't a lot of logic to that being the case, for me. I suspect we will not find the answer out in Dances with Dragon, but an answer -- if there is an answer, ie. that Syrio is still alive -- in the later books.

As for the guys in the cart in the show, you may very well be right, but others on the Net are saying the first guy was Jaqen. And they aren't listed in the cast list yet, so I guess we will have to wait on that info for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by krm0915 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they decided not to put Lord Karstark in the series...the tension between him and Robb over Jaime- culminating in his eventual beheading- is one of the greatest strains to Robb's kingship. As well it is the beginning of the end for his reign, as he loses one of his most faithful allies. Maybe they'll put him in season 2, but it just seems like a bizarre choice to me.
    Due to time and budget constraints, they pretty much scraped all the war stuff from Book 1 and so we don't really know any of the northern lords except for Big Jon. They didn't really make it clear that Roose Bolton was leading the feint army and who he is, and that's pretty important info for Book 2 as well. They were just focused on getting Robb announced king in the last episode, rather than on all the alliances between northern lords, river lords, etc. So any of that will be pushed to Season 2, along with Robb's uncle, etc. Next season, they have a bigger budget, a bigger CGI budget and staff, and they're lobbying for 13 episodes instead of 10. But with the battles, and dozens of new cast members, it's going to be expensive. So some stories and characters may get scrapped.

Fair enough, and I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing how things develop in season 2. Will season 2 be airing in April again?

...and they're lobbying for 13 episodes instead of 10.
    Season 2 is going to be 10 episodes, it's been mentioned by several HBO people and GRRM.

But with the battles, and dozens of new cast members, it's going to be expensive. So some stories and characters may get scrapped.
    I am just hoping that they fully learned their lesson with what happened with Rome and Deadwood and how many DVD sales they made. If there is a similar situation here, spending that extra money now can really pay off in the long run.

Absolutely - I'd confidently expect enormous DVD sales for this show, and all the more so if they do special editions with maps and banners and all that. (Yes you would, don't pretend. And so would I.)

Bah. Last night was my first Monday with no Game of Thrones. It's really left a hole - going back to work on Monday morning was always softened by knowing I had the next episode to look forward to later that night. I ended up playing Rome: Total War until my shoulders ached, just to get a fix of clashing armies and sneaky intrigues. Nex ut Scipii!

[off-topic] There must be something about the way I play that game. If my family members aren't out in the field (in which case they become paragons) they all become utter degenerates within a year of taking office. Maybe I need to build more temples or something? When the new pc parts arrive I am going to play the unholy hell out of Medieval II on max settings baby. I might even get Shogun II.

[on-topic] Everyone I know is grabbing Game of Thrones on dvd when it comes out so cheers to that. I hope the boxes hit shelves in time for christmas! Is there any more casting news?

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Everyone I know is grabbing Game of Thrones on dvd when it comes out so cheers to that. I hope the boxes hit shelves in time for christmas! Is there any more casting news?
    HBO traditionally releases season sets prior to the new season. Doubtful it will be out by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Season 2 is going to be 10 episodes, it's been mentioned by several HBO people and GRRM.
    That would be more than enough. In terms of actual story, the second book is a lot less concentrated than the first. It is bigger, but there are a lot more - and longer- internal monologues that obviously can't be put in a show, as well as chapters of characters that do nothing but create atmosphere. More than half of Tyrion's line in King's Landing could be cut out in the season and it wouldn't suffer one bit for it.

This is not criticism for the book btw. Everything I listed fits perfectly there. But it has no place in a TV show, and most of it isn't even possible to translate to a visual medium. So 10 episodes might even be a better fit for the second book than they were for the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland 85 View Post
    That would be more than enough. In terms of actual story, the second book is a lot less concentrated than the first. It is bigger, but there are a lot more - and longer- internal monologues that obviously can't be put in a show, as well as chapters of characters that do nothing but create atmosphere. More than half of Tyrion's line in King's Landing could be cut out in the season and it wouldn't suffer one bit for it.

This is not criticism for the book btw. Everything I listed fits perfectly there. But it has no place in a TV show, and most of it isn't even possible to translate to a visual medium. So 10 episodes might even be a better fit for the second book than they were for the first...
    I think Tyrion's storyline will actually form the backbone of Season 2... but I expect less time to be given to Dany and Jon. They don't do all that much (until the end, anyway).

Season 3 will be the really crazy one!