Circus of the Stars?

Hey, everyone!

I have been driven crazy lately trying to remember a series of novels I read many decades ago. My memory is hazy, but they revolved around a group of performers in a travelling circus that visited different worlds. Secretly, they were, in fact, spies or secret agents using their various circus talents to benefit some organisation or other and complete their assignments. They were mostly one family, I think. The title of the series was something like "Family Circus of the Stars".

I think the author may have been French. Certainly the name wasn't an English one and it definitely began with D. Something like D'amberque?

I've tried every Google search phrase I can think of but can't track them down.

Help!

I believe you are thinking of the Family D'Alembert books by E.E. "Doc" Smith, although they were actually mostly written by Stephen Goldin

That's them! Oh, you have no idea how long that's been bugging me. And no wonder I couldn't find them, searching for a French author with a name beginning with D! LOL!

Thank you!