Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll second Hundred Thousand Kingdoms. I remember there was some talk of doing it a few months ago but for some reason it got put aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventine View Post
    I'm sorted of interested in Vegas Knights, but have a bad feeling it'd read like a poor man's Last Call.
    Having just checked out the description on Amazon I will second Vegas Knights, it sounds like fun.

and who wrote Last Call? A quick amazon search revealed some VERY interesting novels which I assume are not the ones you are referring to...
    Last edited by Sipwood; May 4th, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: wish to add something

Last Call is Tim Powers...

Looking through the thread to see how many have mentioned which books....great to see so many nominating this month...hope it carries over into the discussions...

Since we've got so many books with nominations and seconds, I've taken the top three and put them into a poll over here:

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30982

Go vote.

Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    I'm nominating this one because I just bought it:

The One Hundred Thousand Kingdoms - J. K. Nesmin
    I vote also vote for this book. Just bought it and haven' started it yet. This would give me much needed motivation to do just that.

BTS

I looked Hundred Thousand Kingdoms up, and I'd like to add my name to the list, too. I'll be happy to buy it when I get paid, as long as someone gets me a new bookshelf.

And by "someone", I suppose I mean myself.

Edit: Huh. Turns out someone hit the "Order" button on The Book Depository. Should have the book long before it's needed.
    Last edited by Loerwyn; May 12th, 2011 at 06:11 AM.

I'll add a vote for Jemisin. It's on my read-before-too-long list.