Thread: Good Books!

Hybrid View

Way Too Human

Good Books!

Neal,

I see that you post here occasionally, hopefully you'll find this thread. I thought about an email, but it's rather private. A public thread might get you another fan.

After reading numerous Jack McDevitt, Alastair Reynolds, Stephen Baxter and Peter F Hamilton books I had to hit the web to find some more recommendations. Other readers of their books recommended Neal Asher. I had seen, and picked up several times, Gridlinked at the book store, so I finally bought it.

I've since read that and The Brass Man. I've enjoyed both. With the current fascination and use of people linked to computers, it was interesting to read a story of a person that had to be disconnected from "computers". You did a great job of making me really dislike Arian Pelter. Every time he showed up it irritated me.

I skipped The Line of Polity because it was rather hard to find new. I'm considering the new Kindle which would solve that problem.

The Brass Man was also a great read. Personally, I thought the circumstances that caused Mr. Crane to be the way he is, and (without spoilers) what happened to him as the book progressed was creative genius.

Iím almost done with The Skinner. It is another great, very original story. It's really hard to put down, but I must eat, sleep and work. I've got Prador Moon on the shelf waiting to be opened.

Your style is very different from the authors I mentioned earlier. It's a very refreshing change.

Somewhere in the ether, a few of my coins ended up in your jar, so there is that, however I imagine it's nice to actually hear (or read) of appreciation for your work.

I'll be playing "catch-up" with the rest of your work, so you may hear several more jingles in that jar.

Thanks Lazerus, it's always good to hear from someone who appreciates the books!