Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    This isn't a quibble - it's just so weird that I don't know where to put it, so here will do. Re-reading AGoT, I came across a passage that has my set little mind awhirl with nightmarish Darwinian visions. Dany and the khalasar are riding across Essos, heading for Vaes Dothrak:

"For half a moon, they rode through the Forest of Qohor, where the leaves made a golden canopy high above them, and the trunks of the trees were as wide as city gates. There were great elk in that wood, and spotted tigers, and lemurs with silver fur and huge purple eyes..."

Is this a hint at Targaryens having some different evolutionary path to everyone else?!

I had no idea that Renly and Loras were together, and I'm half way through book three! Only after I saw it on screen did I pick up on the very vague hints, but if I hadn't seen it I probabaly still wouldn't have realised.

The thing that bothered me was the very first episode, where it was the young lad from the Knight's watch that Ned beheaded, as it was supposed to be the old guy which led Ned to question more why he had deserted as he was a very loyal member of the Knights watch and it seemed unlikely he would desert, and therefore making his argument of the others more believable, whereas the young lad was new to it all.

I also blieved that Catelyn was supposed to be beautiful. I thought Sansa could have been a bit prettier too, and Cersei, she was supposed to be a great beauty, however, their acting (except maybe Sansa's) is brilliant.

The different ages bothered me as I think their age is quite important in the books, I mean Sansa is only supposed to be 12, and she looks 16 and as tall as full grown women. Arya, Bran and Rickon are all older, and even say their ages, which are all older than they should be, but then I suppose because they are older they're better actors.

I do love the series though and I'm looking forward to the next, and I think Sean Bean and Mark Addy were great choices. and it sticks to the books quite well, but does unveil some new things I wasn't aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenny View Post

The different ages bothered me as I think their age is quite important in the books, I mean Sansa is only supposed to be 12, and she looks 16 and as tall as full grown women. Arya, Bran and Rickon are all older, and even say their ages, which are all older than they should be, but then I suppose because they are older they're better actors.
    You can write what you like, especailly in a fantastical or historical setting where the rules are different. But some of the things the kids will endure won't make for good viewing because people will find it 'offensive', and complain. So, up their age a bit, all sorted.

...People will still PROBABLY complain. xD