Uh, Moderator

Connectivity Issues

Anyone else had problems accessing the site? It's only been sporadically available for me all day.

Not here, and I've been on quite a lot. Maybe it's a blip between the site and that corner of the world. Sometimes if I'm really bothered by a site not responding I'll run ping plotter or something like it to see if the connection is breaking somewhere along the line or if the site just isn't responding.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Took a little while to get on to begin with but now it seems fine.

I down loaded IE 9, and had nothing but problems. I could not get on this site, and many others were out as well. When I went back to the way things were, I still could not get in here, or if I did it took FOREVER! I am using Mozilla now, and have had no difficulty. IE actually crashed my computer with some of their "updates". Updates is slang for "here test monkey, see what happens with this" at Microsoft. I will also reccomend Avast free antivirus, it found two trojans and a worm that CA and windows defender missed.

Blog Entries
    Yeah when I saw the latest Windows 7 update was trying to get me to use IE9 aswell, I just declined. IE isn't up-to-much on the best of days but a test browser I can certainly live without.

Okey dokey, i spoke too soon. Mozilla is now giving me problems, and I can not figure it out. My view is messed up. It is subtle in some cases, blaringly obvious in others. SFFWorld is off a bit, it looks different. i know I could not be more vague, but if someone else has had this problem, and rectified it, perhaps you will share your wisdom?

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    I'm using Chrome. No problems with the page as it looks but sometimes it takes a long time to respond when moving between forums/threads. Sometimes a re-click will take me there immediately.

Could just as easily be my internet connection/PC though, I suppose.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There seems to be lots of updates around at the moment: whenever these things happen there's usually issues, and things can slow down for a little while.

As far as I can see here in the UK, no problems running it through Firefox.

Mark
    Mark

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I'm in the U.S. and use IE mostly, and Mozilla/Firefox occasionally. The only problem I encounter is a rare 'no access' message when clicking to another page on-site. I tend to think its more of a connection issue resulting from my ISP though.

This was completely weird, it turned yahoo mail, sffworld, and a few others into a 1950's sci fi movie computer view. Everything letters and numbers, like a script only view. It seems to have gone away on its' own.......dum dum dummmmmmm (a creepy voice whispers) for nowww....

Blog Entries
    Have you thought about wiping your cookies and page list? See if starting from scratch might jog it along.

Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    Have you thought about wiping your cookies and page list? See if starting from scratch might jog it along.
    I wiped it clean, Gene. I think it was this latest up grade from Mozilla, or not. Everything is copacetic now.

Blog Entries
    Fingers and toes crossed dude.