The Broken Eye, Lightbringer #3

Saw this came out a few days ago.

Anyone know any good summaries of the first two books?

I have never fussed with that before, and usually just do a re-read or deal, but I did feel a little lost with Bloodsong #2 recently...dealing with memory loss didn't really work too well for me.

I've downloaded the first 2 books, but have yet to read them...sorry. I am looking forward to them though... Wow, I'm starting to get a bit backed up on my to-read list.......

Wiki pedia was the best I could find, and the. I just couldn't wait anymore so have just started.

Whilst the first book was decent, it took a while to get going, however the blinding knife simply blew me away, it really showed how Brent had matured as a writer and was by far my favourite book that year.

I'm a few pages in and fingers crossed that it lives up to the last book.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
    Wiki pedia was the best I could find, and the. I just couldn't wait anymore so have just started.

Whilst the first book was decent, it took a while to get going, however the blinding knife simply blew me away, it really showed how Brent had matured as a writer and was by far my favourite book that year.

I'm a few pages in and fingers crossed that it lives up to the last book.
    Thanks for the info P-man

I loved this book, as I did the first two. For me it's a 4.5/5 kinda book...left me wanting more. Sucks we're going to have to wait another year or more for the final book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper View Post
    I loved this book, as I did the first two. For me it's a 4.5/5 kinda book...left me wanting more. Sucks we're going to have to wait another year or more for the final book.
    Probably two years, if he's consistent. That's why I'm waiting a bit to read the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper View Post
    Just finished reading it, didn't realise till near end that it's not last in series. Is it definitely going to be finished in 4?

Like you really enjoyed it, and would rate it as close to 5 star. (That's assuming a full 5 is reserved for all time classics only. I think for me this will be a strong contender for most enjoyable fantasy of the year, so only withholding full marks on basis that that should be rarely awarded.)

Took me a while to get into this book. I probably should have checked summaries of books 1 and 2 as well.

Even though i became more engaged with the book, at the end I was completely befuddled as to where all this was going.

Just finished and am in the lull of wishing for the last chapter to read right now, luckily I have prince of fools to read next to help me get over it!

The book is really great, it is slightly slower paced than book 2, which does allow some good character development to karris, Kip, Gavin and especially Andross.

Andross is such a powerful character, and you get to see how his reputation affects all around him.

I found Gavin's introspection after falling so far fascinating, it could have easily been a chore.

Overall it's a fantastic book, not quite as good as book 2, and I salute the author in another great story.

Counting the days to the final book.