Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    got my pre-order done, now to wait

The New ... MARK LAWRENCE Mark Lawrence's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    cool beans!

Voyager are running excerpts here:
    http://www.facebook.com/MarkLawrence...19631768109792

if that will help to pass the time. By liking their facebook page you help unlock new sections.

Just saw King of Thorns in my local book store! A bit early.

My copy is ordered online from the same book store and only ships on Tuesday, you know, the day its actually released. So I had it in my hands and read a few pages, can't wait for my copy to get here. Got less than 100 pages left from my Prince of Thorns re read so it will be here right on time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Just saw King of Thorns in my local book store! A bit early.

My copy is ordered online from the same book store and only ships on Tuesday, you know, the day its actually released. So I had it in my hands and read a few pages, can't wait for my copy to get here. Got less than 100 pages left from my Prince of Thorns re read so it will be here right on time.
    w00t!

I've had other sightings in the wild from Canada - hope it goes down well.

I actually relished the publication as well. Interesting major character and while the timeline was intriguing, not certain where or when in Earth's history it takes location, the best part was the little twist in the direction of the end.

Yee haw!

Even though we had to wait months after publication in order to get Prince of Thorns in audio, the audio of King of Thorns has already been released just two days ago. I have just purchased it from Audible. I am smiling.

King of Thorns was as good as the first one.

Spoiler:
    Lawrence pulls off the whole "future as the fantasy world's past" routine far better than Robert Jordan or Terry Goodkind. Typically, I hate the conceit, but it appears to have a narrative reason, and provides amusing comedy at times (like the Kobayashi Maru reference).

Started reading King yesterday. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneBurner View Post
    King of Thorns was as good as the first one.
    Just finished it last night. I really enjoyed it, but I'm not going to lie, the Katherine threads threw me a little. I had to shift gears each time it popped up because she's so narratively different than Jorg. The prose, however, was wonderful with solid characterization throughout, which made KoT a joy to read. It was fun to see the storylines (past and present) work their way together.

And because I know he's lurking, excellent story, Mark.
    Last edited by Tim Marquitz; August 16th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

I'm looking forward to picking up my copy, however when I checked it out on Amazon for my iPad, I was surprised to learn that it is cheaper to buy a new hardcover than it is to buy the eBook version (by $2). As I much prefer paper to electronic (despite the conveniences of electronic - they don't look as good on a real bookshelf ), I think that is the route I will go. Of course that means I will have to buy a hard copy of PoT now...

Got my hardcover in the mail. It will sit smartly next to my hardcover of PoT in my bookshelves. Cool cover art.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danogzilla View Post
    Got my hardcover in the mail. It will sit smartly next to my hardcover of PoT in my bookshelves. Cool cover art.
    I've got Jason Chan to agree to release the book 3 cover art 'as it happens' from initial sketches to final product! So if the publisher agrees we'll get to see the birth of a cover. Should be interesting - I really like Jason's work and always wanted to be able to draw, so it'll be cool to see how it evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
    I've got Jason Chan to agree to release the book 3 cover art 'as it happens' from initial sketches to final product! So if the publisher agrees we'll get to see the birth of a cover. Should be interesting - I really like Jason's work and always wanted to be able to draw, so it'll be cool to see how it evolves.
    That will be fun. These remain some of my favorite fantasy covers. :-)

Got this ready to go (purchased from Kindle store) but since my Kindle got smashed on hols in France last week i'm stuck reading on my phone (s3 so at least the screen is somewhat big) till I source a new one (working in Taiwan so not as easy as just ordering another online ). Once I finish the Heroes by J.A going to re-read Prince and then straight into King, looking forward to the continuation of the story, hope it does even better than the last book for you Mark!

Just got started on the Kindle version, all good so far Mark! Will post thoughts after I devou- I mean, finish the book.